Night of the Living Dorks?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nightbreed, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

My brother asked me to ask this question, does anyone know of a release date of this movie? I bieleve it was filmed in germany, he saw something in fangoria, and was wondering of a release date. Thanks in advance, and I did search :)

-Rob

2. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

I think it was a short film at some festival, if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, who knows if it'll ever make it to DVD.

I may be wrong though.

3. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i was trying to dl a torrent for this awhile back, but could never get it finished. has anyone seen this?

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I see Night of the Living Dorks every night I have to work late.

5. tommy doyle

tommy doyle New Member

I saw this at the Chicago International Film Festival and the director was in attendance for Q&A afterward. It was actually really good. It leans more toward black comedy like ROTLD and also some American Pie-esque humor.

Yes, it is in fact a German movie and it is full length.

A brief plot summary from what I remember:

3 Dorky high school students have an unintentional accident in a cemetary during a vodoo ritual that others were performing and they end up as zombies. The 3 of them are not the average zombies, as they now have superhuman powers. I don't want to give up much more for ruining the movie, but it was a pretty fun one.

Hope some of this helps. I might be able to answer other questions if anyone has them.

6. Wez4555

is it like redneck zombies? well minus the rednecks.

7. tommy doyle

tommy doyle New Member

not as melodramatic as redneck zombies... it really felt like watching road trip/american pie/(insert misc teen high school comedy) with a zombie twist..... alot like Idle Hands for that matter.

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

This movie isn't the greatest thing in the world, but I enjoyed it well enough. Its heart is in the right place and it knows what it is and doesn't aspire to more so it never wore out its welcome at casa onebyone.

In case it isn't obvious from the title, this is not really a horror movie. At all. It's really a comedy, and (despite some low brow gags and you know, the zombies) a sort of nice teen comedy at that. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it made me smile a lot, and that's good enough for me. Anchor Bay's release is also pretty impressive, especially for such a small movie. I am glad I picked it up.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I liked it as well, enough to buy it after renting it at least. I have a soft spot for German films, so that may have something to do with it also.

It's off-the-wall and doesn't take itself seriously, which is almost always something I'll enjoy. It's not a perfect movie, but had a few stand-out scenes that made up for a few things that didn't work quite as well in the film.

10. DopeChamberX

DopeChamberX Guest

And so it begins....

11. Franco

Franco Weekender

And Dorm of the Dead ?

12. Wez4555

a remake? how old is this movie?!

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wow, that has to be the fastest, and most pointless remake ever.

14. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

I think in this case "remake" means Americanize.

15. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Watched this film tonight and thought it was pretty fun. The casting was spot-on--Conrad was pretty creepy near the end, the jocks were 80s throwbacks down to the tennis sweaters--and the dialogue was great, especially since it was dubbed. It never felt dubbed.

It is not a Horror film, I guess, although some of the makeup was believable. There were definitely a few standout scenes, and it does have a heart. This film also seemed to have more weed use than Evil Bong. Collien Fernandes was adorable in the only fleshed out female role--the buddy who turns out to be totally hot (again, a throwback to 80s comedies. Think "Boof" in Teen Wolf.).

I'm glad I watched it. Did anyone else get a young Steve Buscemi vibe from Tino Mewes?