Parasite 3-D 1982? what ya think?

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Wish i would have seen it in 82 on the big screen in 3-D, but didnt see it until many years later on video. It had some decent gore to it.. It had saint from frightmare and that runaways chick who later said in a recent interview that this was the biggest mistake she ever made? and a out of place dummy moore.. But is there any decent dvds of this one??

2. frightmares

frightmares New Member

I have the Cult Video version on DVD. It's a full frame video transfer, not too bad looking. I didn't hesitate to buy it mainly because of the Charles Band commentary noted on the back cover, but it's no where to be found on the dvd. I spoke with a Full Moon rep at a horror convention & he thought I was nuts when I said the commentary was noted on the case. I wished I brought the DVD along with me to prove it.

3. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Cheri Curie from the Runaways is in this too, correct? Anyway, I remember it as being pretty awful.

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yes it had Cherie Curry and Demi Moore in it I believe

5. ronnie21

curry was during her drug haze while shooting this i believe..

6. Anthropophagus

Cherie was hot as hell in her prime though, today nowhere near as much.

7. ronnie21

shes pretty beat up though... now. I met her at a horror convention in NJ/ chiller theater back in 2006. she seemed cool.. her son is the kid she had with robert hayes from airplane fame. He was playing guitar on stage...She kept YELLING, THATS MY FUCKING SON UP THERE!!. it was funny..

8. Anthropophagus

Yeah, she's been through Hell and it shows. Her Neon Angel memoir was both riveting and depressing at times.

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Picked up the widescreen Anchor Bay dvd when Hollywood was closing a couple summers ago. Fun flick but nothing great.

10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Saw this in the theater but haven't watched it since. Can't remember much about it.

Attached Files:

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

12. ronnie21

paff, read this review yesterday. good review.. there were a ton of 3-D movies between 1981 to 1983. after 83 3-d wouldnt hit theaters again until late 85's starchasher legend of orin. after that 3-D layed low until sept 13th 1991 with the little 3-D at the end of freddy's dead. which was that bad 3-D with the blue and red lenses. oh and there was i think one movie in 1984 that was in 3-D some horror movie that played in selected theaters.. forget the name of it now.. its in that slasher book... any help here.. about an escaped mental patient.
    some 3-d FLICKS. FROM 81 TO 83.
    treasures of the 4 crowns. metalstorm, spacehunter, the man who wasnt there.
    friday 3 , amityville 3, coming at ya. house of wax re-release. frankenstein, dial M for murder re-release.. and if iam missing any. let me know.. jaws 3-D

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

The ones I remember seeing (in 3-D) from that era were Parasite, Friday the 13th Part 3, House of Wax, and Andy Warhol's Frankenstein.

I saw Frankenstein in 3-D again back in 1999, when a local theater managed to find (what they said was) the last remaining 3-D print. Of course, after losing the use of my left eye last year, I'm done with 3-D movies permanently.

14. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

:(

Sorry to hear that Paff.

I watched this for the first time back in June and enjoyed it. It's nothing great and could have used more creature action but I still had fun with it. Demi Moore was cute and Jeff Goldblum's doppelganger did a pretty decent job.

15. ronnie21

sorry to hear that paff, but they say that those 3d movies were better 3d than the digital stuff today. is that true??

16. UFAlien

UFAlien New Member

A lot of 80s 3D movies had more depth than many modern ones, especially the ones that were converted from 2D to 3D without proper planning or effort. However, they were also more prone to parallax and alignment errors.

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I have the Anchor Bay release of this. I remember having a good time with it. Decent gore as well if I remember correctly.

18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I remember this being THE movie to see amongst many 7th graders who looked at the newspaper ad with awe (myself included). We had a teacher that used to start Friday morning class by reading movie reviews to us from the newspaper. This was the most requested review the day it was released.
    I didn't see it until the VHS Wizard big box release and I was underwhelmed since the picture quality was so horrid.
    My friends got to see it paired with "Dead & Buried" at the discount theaters a few weeks after it was first released.

19. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I remember the commercials for this one on TV when I was 12 or 13. I was curious to see it but even at the time I thought it looked kind of bad, like the 3D was the only selling point. Still have never seen it, though I picked up the Anchor Bay disc for about $5 a few months back.