Problem with Dark Sky TCM UE dvd

Discussion in 'General' started by Weirdo, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo New Member

Hi everybody! I'm interested if anybody had the same problem with Texas Chainsaw Massacre dvd. When i just bought dvd, i didnt notice any artefacts at all. But when i was watching it recently, i noticed some terrible blocking and artifacts on 05:33 , where Franklin leaves the van to take a piss. Artefacts are very noticable on the side of the van and they last for about 15 second. It doesn't bother me very much, but i just wanna know if anyone else had same problem and be shure that it's not my copy defect.
    I thank everybody beforehand for answers and please, excuse me my clumsy english. It's not my native language:)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. Weirdo

Weirdo New Member

3. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I just checked my copy. No real problems at that point. I haven't watched the whole movie on my new(ish) HDTV yet, but I would keep my expectations modest considering the age and type of movie TCM is.

4. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i never noticed any video problems with dark sky's TCM release, but i do know that all 3 audio tracks are messed up, and are missing certain sound cues, and screams, etc.

5. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I heard the blu-ray fixed those audio problems. I haven't picked it up yet, but it's on my to buy list.

6. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

ive had mine since it came out, and no problems

yea heres the list of audio problems for the DVD:
    1) Some of the sound effects are reported to be missing from the original Mono-track:
    - The second hammer blow to Kirk's head.
    - The sounds of Sally hitting the tree and ground after jumping out the window.
    2) Some of the sound effects are reported to be missing from the 5.1 and 2.0 Surround tracks:
    - Sally's missing screams in the scene where Franklin is murdered by Leatherface.

7. RidgeShark

RidgeShark New Member

I've watched the DVD projected onto a 110" screen and I did notice some artifacting in the sky during that scene.

8. rot

rot New Member

Dark Sky fixed the audio tracks even on the regular edition about a year ago, not just the Blu-ray. So if you buy a new copy now, you'll most likely get the corrected version.

9. Weirdo

Weirdo New Member

I bought my copy last year, and it doesn't have any sound problems. So, maybe, with correcting the sound they fucked up video? It would be interesting to know, how many data movie takes on your disks. On my copy film itself takes about 5.6 Gb.