Raiders of Atlantis + The New Gladiators: Blu-Ray Kickstarter

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Steel76, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

FINALLY, there's hope for both Deodato's "Raiders of Atlantis" and Fulci's "The New Gladiators", to be released on Blu-Ray, in new 4K transfers!!

Check out the (French) kickstarter here.
    https://www.kisskissbankbank.com/en...bfpXPsFhfvjy1Rt9UnlfXYIW2V4Bc6GnI6s852L8ae_08

"In 2020, the Apocalypse did happen! Now that we’re in it deep, it’s time to rediscover tow masterpieces of the Italian “post-nuke” genre, for the first time even in high definition, from brand new 4K integral full-length masters, in blu-ray and DVD combos, with plenty of extras. Les Prédateurs de l'Atlantide aka I Predatori di Atlantide aka Atlantis Interceptors (1983) by cult director Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust!), and 2072 Les Mercenaires du futur aka 2072 A.D. The New Gladiators by master of horror Lucio Fulci, for his one and only take on the post-apocalyptic genre. To make it happen, we need you : if we don’t gather at least 500 backers, these blu-ray/DVD won’t be released. Make the Armageddon Great Again!"

"For many months, we have been preparing this project, with StudioCanal who owns the films, and the publishers which will release these in the US and in Germany."

[​IMG]
    They need at least 500 backers to make it happen. If they reach 1000 backers, they will also include UHD discs in the package :)

"We might even upgrade our edition to 4K UHD if we gather 1000 backers. UHD discs costs way more the “regular” blu-rays, and as much we would love to offer your UltraHD, it can only be possible if we reach the 1000 subscriptions. If this happen, the UHD disc would be added at no charge for every backer."

I hope they reach at least 500 backers!

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Great news!

Apparently it's Severin who will release them in the US and Koch in Germany.

[​IMG]

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That’s not great news at all. Screw Severin.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. Katatonia

True, but Koch usually do a good job.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Thanks for the heads up. It's fun backing these crowdfunders and I got one of the early bird specials but the remote possibility of a UHD makes this an even more interesting roll of the dice.

Steel76 likes this.
  6. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Where can I purchase that new Exterminators of the Year 3000 disc?

7. Katatonia

8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Has Exterminators received a NEW scan or does that Pulse Video release have the old Shout Factory transfer? The Pulse Video quote says something like "we want to give the film the Blu-ray it deserves" but I see very little on the specs list that tells me I should go for this. If I did decide to purchase a copy, will Vinegar Syndrome sell it? I don't want to open yet another Blu-ray label account.

9. Katatonia

I have no clue to be honest. These are the only reviews (both in French) that I located for it: https://www.critique-film.fr/test-blu-ray-les-exterminateurs-de-lan-3000/ and http://www.regard-critique.fr/rdvd/critique.php?ID=5639

One of them mentions a "restoration", but I don't see any comparisons with the SF release.

The original crowdfund page just says "The film in 1080p"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    elDomenechHDG likes this.
  10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Damn, only 559 backers so I guess no UHD. I've never heard of this company and I never looked at how their other campaigns did but 1000 backers seemed like an easy goal. I can't complain though, it looks like I'll be getting the BDs and the UHD was just a gamble that made backing this more interesting anyway.