Richard Brooker has passed away (Jason Part III)

Discussion in 'General' started by dickieduvet, Apr 8, 2013.

1. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

his last convention was in nashville, just a week before he passed away, it's just weird that my girlfriend and i walked past his table, then, blam, she reads this news...he was sitting next to steve dash and adrienne king...i had met him a few years ago at another convention in nashville, and he kinda rubbed me the wrong way, so, as much as i am a friday the 13th super-nerd, and i love his performance, the guy was a stinker, to me at least...weird that the super-sweet ted white (who gave my daughter a free still and autograph, but looked to be in bad health) outlived richard brooker...
    i presented him with a part 3 hock to sign, and in front of my girlfriend and our 7 year old daughter, he said "where did you get this? i bet you paid too much for it." then turned to these 2 guys behind his table and chuckled...i felt my blood pressure rise...my girlfriend didn't understand paying someone that much money in the first place, now she had to hear me belittled by one of my "horror heroes"...the mask wasn't a family dollar plastic job, or anything...thick ABS plastic and a commendable paint job (i've since sanded and redone the entire thing using stills from the dvd as reference, using mr. brooker's "constructive criticism" as motivation, so thanks richard, for that, at least)...if someone thought highly enough of my work to pay me 20 dollars for my signature, decades after said work was released, i'd be humble and very thankful...

2. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

He was quite rude to me at Scarefest a couple of years ago, but I guess everybody can have a bad day once in a while.