Rob Zombie To Helm Halloween 9?

Discussion in 'General' started by SaviniFan, Jun 1, 2006.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

he can tell himself it's not a remake, but we all know it is.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

It's a "re-imagining". Whatever. They were going to go ahead with another Halloween film anyways, so it may as well be done by someone with (gasp) talent. And before anyone tries to give me shit if they think Zombie isn'ttalented, go suck one. I don't give a shit who thinks he'll suck because I guaran-damn-tee he'll do 100 times better a job than some random hack that just directed the latest video for some new punk group on MTV.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Huh? I don't get what you mean. How is this a remake? :hum:
    So it's not really Halloween 9

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

no, it's not H9. Zombie himself said he's not doing Halloween 9 (it's all on bloody-disgusting.com).

I'm not putting zombie down, i actually like the idea. I just found it odd that he'd do something like this when he seemed oppose to the idea just a few years back.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Ahh, it does sound like a remake - but probably re-done from the ground up, like maybe no Micheal Myers?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

See? If that doesn't make him a sellout, then what would? He can call it whatever he wants. A "re-imagining" is exactly what they called the Dawn of the Dead remake. It's just semantics to soothe his troubled conscience.

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

This will probably be about a much as a straight up remake of Halloween as The Devil's Rejects was a straight up sequel to House of 1000 Corpses, aka really more of its own thing. I am sure things will turn out ok, no matter how much complaining and gnashing of teeth goes on. No matter what, Rob making this movie is not going to cause our DVDs of the original Halloween movie or The Devil's Rejects to spontaneously combust.

Edited to prevent disaster at casa Bigdaddyhorse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  8. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

If Zombie is a sellout then so be it. Halloween is my favorite "franchise" horror and I look forward to what he can bring to the table. If someone doesn't like the idea then it is as simple as voting with your wallet.

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I hated this idea when I first heard it but now I'm kind of warming up to it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see another Rob Zombie movie.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not mine, I'm putting them in remake/shitty sequel proof safety deposit box tonight!:D Think I'll go buy extra copies I can later sell on ebay when everyone else's are dust (just need to figure when it'll be safe to take them out of the box).:glasses:

I hope you didn't forgot to add a NOT somewhere in there. I'm sick of my get rich quick schemes falling through.:mad:

11. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

That's not saying much, is it?

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Haven't watched a Halloween since the third (especially since Michael was KILLED at the end of the second one...)

Let's see...no fan of Halloween sequels, no fan of remakes, and no fan of Rob Zombie. This is one I can let go quite easily.

13. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

I'm psyched for it. The Halloween franchise needs a serious injection of new blood. I'd rather them do a straight sequel but I'll live with a remake. I've been complaining for years that the series needs some new ideas so now that they actually go out on a bit of a limb with something new, I'm going to give them a chance. (Okay, so a remake isn't exactly a new idea but getting a name director is)

I'm looking forward to it...

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Oops, I edited my post so please call off your scheme quick. I don't want to cause you to go broke or, even worse, to get in trouble with the girlfriend for having 10,000 copies of The Devil's Rejects and Halloween stacked up all around.

Although, now that I think of it, I haven't seen my dvd of The Fog around lately....

I think, in this case, jump starting the series is a better idea than doing a straight sequel. At this point, the series is FUBAR. It's hopeless. If they can restart it and give me more Halloween for years to come, yeah, I am psyched for it too. Now, if Rob goes stark raving mad and hires Busta and the entire cast of House of Wax for this, I will be disappointed, but I just can't see that happening.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

DOH!
    Back to the drawing board. Hope I can cancell my DDD order.;)
    My Fog made it through bringing a download of the craptacular new version into the home, so hopefully yours is safe as well.:)

Ironicly, my GF absolutely loved Devil's Rejects (even more than me, which seemed odd given our tastes in movies) and probably wouldn't mind a few thousand extra copies laying around. She worries about running out of other stuff, so that should set her mind at ease if my order can't be cancelled.:D

Seriously on the topic:
    I think this has potential to be great and just what the series needs. Nuke the last few movies and start over fresh. I doubt there will be any truely horrible castings unless the studio is forcing them. I'll bet my left nut Sheri has a role. Hopefully the studio (is it Disney or the Weistein's?) will step aside and we'll get an awesome gerne cast ala DR.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  16. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Interviewer: So, Mr "Zombie", what do you think of the recent and still coming wave of remakes of classic horrors?

"Zombie": They're a goddamn disgrace! They're an insult! They're made by the worst sort of scummy soulless sellouts!

Interviewer: On an unrelated subject, any plans regarding your proposed remake of "Halloween"?

"Zombie": I, uh, er, um, that is, he, it, well, oh... Look, an elephant! <stomp stomp stomp>

17. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I think that this is good news for my favorite franchise, as the last couple were pretty bad. Give Rob a shot before you condemn it, at least if you have liked his other two movies (as I definitely have).

18. fridayfan13

fridayfan13 Guest

this is the way i see it: Remakes suck and are a waste. but i trus rob zombie, he has deliverd 2 of the best films in years. we know that this will be different from the current series, therefore he can make it his own. im skeptical but it is lookin good right now

19. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Dream Cast:
    Captain Spaulding as - Dr. Loomis, the lead detective.
    Baby as - Baby Stroll (victim)
    Otis as - the cop.
    Michael Myers as - himself.

:D I'd think he'd use an unknown cast. He did it in house and in rejects, so it should be the same. The movie will definitely take place in the 70's. You know that's a sure fire.

I'm Very excited for this project, have to track to see the preview pictures once production starts.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  20. Ash

Ash New Member

Why can't Rob Zombie come up with anything original? I would like to see him attempt an original film.