Rob Zombie's 31 trailer is here

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

LoooooooooooooooooLz
    Rob Zombie is not Tim Burton and Sheri Moon Zombie is not Helena Bonham Carter. SMZ may get the gig because her husband is the director, but I don't think the hate she attracts has much to do with the two being married... but rather she's a piss poor actress and just plain obnoxious as fuck.

As for 31...I mean, it looks like a Rob Zombie film and it has nothing to do with Michael Myers, so I am certainly down for a view.

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I have no issues with Rob putting his wife in this movies. She's pleasing to the eyes.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I wasn't talking about Helena Bonham Carter. I was referring to Johnny Depp. Those two aren't fooling me!

Chomp likes this.
  4. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Me too. The chances that it will come to a theater near me are slim to none. I had to drive to Akron to see House of 1000 Corpses and Pittsburgh to see Devils Rejects. His Halloween films made it here. I am with you. I've liked all of his films, including his take on Halloween. Not as much as Carpenter, who can never be surpassed, but Zombie is a decent filmmaker.

fceurich39 and Mok like this.
  5. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

You need look no further than this board. It's the best, even if we agree to disagree on topics. I don't waste my time with other places. I for one am glad that people on here at least seem to be open to watching it, even if they don't like all of Zombie's films.

6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Anyone hear of an official release date? I've read September 16th but haven't seen anything really concrete. Been waiting for this one for too long, can't wait!!!!

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Natas, Zombie Dude and fceurich39 like this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

9. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Appreciate the info. Hopefully it comes here locally....... if not, I'll be ordering it as soon as it's available.

10. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Zombie would bury Carpenter if he ever remade Christine.

As for 31, my first thought was: this looks like it was made to anticipate Suicide Squad letting everybody down. Second thought: a Rob Zombie circus movie? I guess he took one look at this

and decided not to bother trying to top it.

11. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I don't know Rob Zombie personally.......but I guaran-fucking-tee he did not think of Suicide Squad for one god damn second during the production of 31. Comparing the two in any way shape or form is like comparing apples to anal beads.

With the exception of his animated movie, I've seen every RZ flick in the theater (actually saw House of 1000 Corpses 3x in the theaters, Devils Rejects twice, Lords of Salem twice) Really hoping I can keep that statement true, even if it means driving 90 minutes to Houston to catch it.

Zombie Dude and Mok like this.
  12. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

At first I was like, "what is this???" then by the end of the trailer I was like, "whoa! :D"

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  13. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

That poster could be for any Rob Zombie film, and not in a bad way. :cool:

satans-sadists likes this.
  14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looking forward to this, got a great review today over at dreadcentral.com

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

You're right. Your intervention into my thought process which is not yours in any way debating Rob Zombie's thought process with you which I in no way gave any visible signs of doing in my original post has reminded me of what I actually meant to say. Got the wrong movie. I meant to say: that Annie remake from 2 years ago. 31 is cinematic penance for that Annie remake. It is completely clear from every shot in this trailer that Zombie couldn't get his mind off the Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx remake of Annie. Damn it, Natas, you know me too well. One might think we're psychic twins.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Just saw it. Nothing ground breaking. Doesn't try to be. Just a standard survival horror with Rob Zombie's charm. Lots of great dialogue and characters. It looks fuckin great too.

I'd venture to say Don't Breathe has the edge in terms of unfolding action but 31 certainly blows it away in having interesting characters.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Did you see it at the cinema or is it available online? Sounds good though. Thanks for your thoughts :)

18. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Cinema. We didnt get the supposed Q/A segment though :confused: Maybe the second showing did.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I caught 31 last night. After the Halloween remake disasters and a mediocre attempt at arthouse horror with Lords of Salem, I went in expecting a balls to the wall, colorful, over the top, music video-esque return to form for Rob Zombie. But unfortunately it wasn’t that at all. It felt as if RZ was playing it rather safe and phoned in a film he thought audiences wanted him to make. It just felt so linear and run of the mill. It felt like a less entertaining mish mash of the most basic elements from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects. There is very little story, very little plot, and very little character development. People get kidnapped… blood, gore, nudity, ensues…. film ends. RZ tries to put in a little film making depth with the character of Doom Head, but even he can’t fill the void of this soulless film. There is no plot twist, no back story, nothing…what you see on screen, is what you get. I will say this though…I thought Doom Head and EG Daly’s character made far better Joker and Harley Quinn-esque characters than what was present in Suicide Squad.

This is a movie about killer clowns for Christ’s sake. Why is the color palette so muted and dull?…why aren’t there more bizarre costumes? The music videos that played before 31 started had more interesting wardrobes and better production value than anything in the actual film. If anyone is familiar with Rob’s artwork should understand that that is the kind of movie I want to see from him. A Rob Zombie art piece come to life. Why have we not seen this yet? I suppose House of 1000 Corpses is the closest, but it's still not quite there.

Just like his music, I think I am done seeking out any new theatrical outputs from Rob Zombie. I just don’t think he has any creative passion in him anymore.

20. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Wow.......I'm pretty disappointed to hear, man. I appreciate your honest input though. Early reviews have been mixed from jump street, I'm hoping I enjoy it more than you did.

Zombie Dude likes this.