Rubber's Lover

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Wermode, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Wermode

Wermode Member

Unearthed released Rubber's Lover this week. Looks interesting, but I haven't seen much for reviews. Anybody seen it and care to comment?

2. logboy

logboy Guest

have got it, and its in my "to watch" pile with numerous others... i saw a pinnochio 964 review over at dvdtalk.com so might check there for rubbers lover too... disc is superbly done also. check www.mondo-digital.com for the only obviously posted review ive read... they really like it.

3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I can't find any review there... :(

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

5. logboy

logboy Guest

also now a review up at dvdmaniacs.net

6. Wermode

Wermode Member

Thanks to all. Sounds like a "must buy" to me.

7. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Did anyone else check this out yet? I got done watching it just now and had alot of trouble making it all the way through.

Aside from the music being great, I found the rest of the movie to be slightly confusing and just plain boring. 75% of it seemed to be the researchers running around and screaming... which got old and boring fast. Not recommended from me.

8. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

This movie is so bad that it's clear why Shozin Fukui only directed two features. I haven't finished Pinnocchio 964 yet, but so far it's a fun, crazy little movie. Rubber's Lover, though, is just pure crap. It doesn't matter one bit how much you love weird movies, David Lynch, Takashi Miike or Shinya Tsukamoto because the movie is boring, looks ugly as hell and is very cheaply made. Sorry, but I can't even muster the energy to write a detailed review of it. I really, really wanted to like this movie, but crap is crap, no matter how strange it is.

9. logboy

logboy Guest

its march 2005 this is out...

10. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I don't think I can say that I "enjoyed" this movie, but I don't think it's such a bad film. There are some great and striking images. I felt the acting was way over the top though.

I thought it looked great personally.

11. Gnaghi

Gnaghi Guest

i thought it was pretty wicked. i loved the over the top acting, and screaming... didn't bother me like most scenes in undead did. did you guys like the menus? :glasses:

12. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I liked the menus very much! Did you watch the interview with the director? I watched the movie and interview with my wife and after it was over she said, "You made me watch an S&M movie. :("

13. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Haven't watched this yet, although I have it, but I did watch 964 Pinocchio last night, and I loved it. Totally off the wall, and with a sense of humor. Without question influenced by Ishii and Tsukamoto, but again, it took their work, and turned it on it's head, with the humor. Awesome guerilla-style filmmaking. And gotta love the homage to the puking scene from Possession...glad I'm not the only one that loves that film :)

14. Got this and 964 Pinocchio recently. 964 Pinocchio was great, but I haven't gotten around ot watching Rubbers Lover quite yet, I might watch it tonight though.