Satan's Blade Blu-Ray coming from Slasher // Video Summer 2014

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 6, 2014.

1. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Got a BD-RW drive in your computer? If so, then get AnyDVD HD. You don't have to buy it, there is a 21 day trial and you could just install it, make a copy of the disc that has no region code, burn it, and watch that.

2. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

no, only dvd

i'll just take this one on the chin, i suppose :glasses:

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

oh, i've been looking into it (have a PS3 and a cheaper Philips something something) but i can't really find anything and i'm a little averse to do this, in case something goes wrong

i also only have 3 blurays that are region A

Terrorvision/Video Dead - i bought that one knowing that a DVD is included with it (though Video Dead's last 3 minutes are unplayable on the DVD, which sucks)

Hatchet - i received this in the mail as a wrong order, so no biggie

and then Satan's Blade

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Nobody at dvdcompre ever checks their listings, unless they have the product, because all the info is provided by the users.

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I'll watch any golden age slasher once, and with that in mind, I don't regret buying it. That said, this movie has very little to recommend...

The dialogue is completely empty and anonymous. Now, before you point out that this is a slasher movie, I will say that it's pretty bad. There's enjoyably ridiculous, like Sleepaway Camp and Bloody Moon, there's dramatically sincere, like Halloween, and then there's Satan's Blade, where it just blandly fills out the silence.

There are no extended chase scenes, not a single jump scare (that works, that is), and gore is nothing more than red, wet stuff lazily splattered on the wall. Only the final kill builds the slightest momentum, but it's not enough to dispel the boredom of the 75 minutes or so preceding it.

To whom it may concern, there are breasts. Breasts can also be found in more entertaining movies.

It's a nice presentation by Slasher // Video, however - weird aspect ratio and all. That said, if we're talking lower tier slashers, there's more fun to be had in They Prey, Honeymoon Horror, or Aerobicide...

7. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I appreciate all of the Aspect Ratio talk. I watched it at 1.66:1 for a first viewing and believe that enhanced my experience. I'm not a fan of boom mics even in cheap trash like SATAN'S BLADE. Even zoomed in there was still a distracting amount of head room. The film was worth the time. The snow covered outdoors scenes really benefited from HD. It does drag in the middle but the opening act was fun and the finale was worth the wait. I'm glad this got a Blu-ray and supported the slasher cause.

8. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

http://10kbullets.com/images/2015/5/satansbladebr-02.jpg

I wish they'd cast me to save the girl in the bank, I really like her (probably old enough to be my mum now :( )

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  9. Kim Bruun

Really? I would have guessed that the pursuer of married men (I forget her name) was the obvious choice. :p From my persuasion, the movie is a bit of a let-down - heck, Madman has better looking dudes. ;)

10. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or was the way she went after that married dude unbelievable to the point of distraction? The way some of the adults were dumb as shit and did stuff that made no sense kinda reminded me a MUTILATOR.

I was partial to the bank robber in the black lingerie and the big titted blonde in the powder blue. :D

11. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

:D there's something about her...

I wonder who she is as IMDB only give the name of one of the bank tellers - going to have to watch again :)

Aside from that the end scene is very similar in some ways to that of 'Unhinged' (not a very good film either).

12. Kim Bruun

Quite unbelievable. But mainly because she was - forgive me for being unkind - a bit out of his league.

13. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

I thought the scene when they were fishing together was the most moving and romantic scene ever. Oscar worthy!
    She threw herself at the guy but he kept his cool and they became good friends in the space of two minutes... then he went home and made love to his wife! Incredible! This is where Hollywood has gone wrong...

14. Kim Bruun

My beef with that scene was that I couldn't figure out why she was throwing herself at him in the first place. Poor girl must have been very hungry indeed!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I thought she was doing it for sport.

I actually liked it a lot, but I'm a sucker for that obscure home-grown horror thing, like Don Dohler flicks. There is just a little more life to it all, even if just by accident.

16. Kim Bruun

Okay, I'll buy that she was doing it for the sport, which actually makes her a rather unpleasant "final girl".

I didn't find much life in it myself, and I'm not averse to lowbudget retro indie horror at all. That said, others had a different viewing experience, and that's cool too. And like I said, I don't regret giving Slasher // Video my money. After all, Jesus has Aerobicide in the works as well, and that one I like. Especially if the soundtrack is included. :)

17. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

The true star of Slasher // Video's SATAN'S BLADE release:

[​IMG]

18. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

All them big titties hot chicks from the 80's look like this now

19. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Is that Molly Ringwald?

20. sade

sade Active Member

Just watched "Killer Workout". What a stinker ! 1/3 of the film is footage of aerobic classes. I cannot believe this came out on BR, the quality is barely worthy of a DVD release. I prefer the far superior "Death Spa" to it.