Scary scenes in shitty movies.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Ptflea2, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys ever come across a horror film that really sucked a fat one, but did however manage to squeeze a scare out of you. Or maybe left a disturbing image or two in your head that you just could not shake?(outside of the ever popular real animal killings used by the Italians during the cannibal craze).

Two come to mind for me:

"Antropophagus" and "Evil Ed."

The former actually gave me a nightmare. The scene involved our title character in a room with, if I remember correctly, a guy in bed and a blind girl. The room is dark and as the camera slowly turns, lightning strikes and we see a messy George Eastman lurking in the corner. Up to this point, "Antropophagus" had been a floating piece of cinematic shit. Aristide Massaccesi had bent over, sqeezed real hard, and out popped a movie called "Antropophagus." The film saves itself a little at the end with all the gore, but lets face the facts: this is not a good movie. With that said, that one scene, however, really scared me a lot.

"Evil Ed" I don't really remember much about except this one scene with some freaky demon/monster(?) in a bare room looking into the camera. Lame movie, but lasting image.

What about you guys?

2. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

For me it was definately SATURN 3. Call it crap if you will, but that groovy/creepy music and that Hector robot ("It's a Demi-God series") gives me the willies. Thought it was pretty cool how near the end Hector puts on his Leatherface-impersonation when he dons Harvey Keitel's ripped off face. Too bad it has never been released widescreen, only in a useless piss & scan version from Artisan.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This is a really interesting topic. I can't quite think of any, but I'm mighty interested in the responses from others.

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I was scared by one scene in Franco's Bloody Moon.
    Bloody Moon is awful but this one scene showing a chick in bed and the killer approaching holding a huge knife was quite creepy.
    All you could see was the killer's hand & knife (with heavy breathing I think) going towards that chick.
    Quite an effective scene, gave me the creeps.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Not sure if I'm on crack with this, but I seem to recall a part in Halloween Resurection where the shadows on the floor look like the Myers mask - once agian, I could be on crack.

6. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Exactly, and even that is tough to find. I would be all over a different release.

As for the topic, I remember watching 'Popcorn' when I was younger, I thought it was pretty lame, but there is one part where there is a close up of a mouth that opens and blood pours out, I think when they were watching a movie or soemthing, creeped me out.

7. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Somewhat obscure slash trash called "Unhinged" has one of the most hair raising final-girl chases. The majority of the movie never gets out of first gear, but the tension and sheer weirdness of the plot's revelation kept me on the edge for the final reel.

"The Changeling" isn't necessarily a shitty movie, but it was all but forgettable barring one small scene involving a wheelchair that came close to making my heart explode. George C. Scott has that affect on me.

"The Village" was an absolutely ridiculous movie, though Shyamalamadingdong managed to cook up one amazing shot. When Richie Cunningham's daughter is mucking through the woods and comes across the Snuffalupagus, there is one long take where she's "looking" over her shoulder at it for a long time, nothing moving, everything still, and then he charges her. This shot made my stomach drop out of my torso.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  8. Hard Rock Zombies - The scene where the band sings the song Cassie. Damn, that was some scary ass shit! That song makes me cringe, even just thinking about it.

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well, The Prowler was pretty bad. But it had some totally AWESOME scenes! (Part of the reason I actually KEPT my DVD!) Some are quite scary too. When Pam is chased through the house by the killer, and the girl in the pool? (OUCH!)

~Matt

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I loved it the first time around but was somewhat disappointed when I saw it again - it was really dull with the exception of those gore scenes and the ending (which I thought was great). For those reasons, I probably will end up getting the BU DVD sometime down the road.