Synapse Films

Discussion in 'General' started by X-human, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I´m really into this recent wave of horror docs, but like you, I´m interested to know the upgrades as bonuses of this edition. The original "Document Of The Dead" and the doc of the Anchor Bay ultimate edition were great docs so this will have to be something enormous to make me get this.

2. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

There is a limited edition version of Document of the Dead being released on Blu-ray as well:
    https://synapse-films.com/synapse-f...nt-of-the-dead-exclusive-limited-bddvd-combo/

I put in my preorder. Kinda sucks that only the original cut is in HD (new footage SD only?) but it'll be good to have all the same.

4. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Cool, I'll bite.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Thanks X-Human. I appreciate the post. I would have kept my Amazon pre-order had you not posted this. Now there are 1499 of these available. :D It's very strange that the new material is on a DVD whereas the old footage is in HD.

6. bruce h

A lot of the footage recorded over the years since the original DAWN sessions was shot on different, non-HD formats -- that's why only the original, 16mm-based version is being made available on blu.

7. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

Just placed myself an order for the bluray/DVD combo too!

8. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Just pre-ordered my copy as well :)

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I see. Thanks for the clairification.

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Awesome news about the Limited Edition. I pre-ordered.

11. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I pre-ordered too. I figured what the hell, beats regretting not getting it after it sells out. It's not like today isn't already a crazy expensive pre-order day between this, Twilight Time's Night of the Living Dead and the iPhone 5.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  12. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I think this Blu-Ray/DVD combo edition will be one of the rarest most sought after releases of the year... I fully expect the 1500 to be gone within a week at least.

13. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I want this, but I need to get caught up on all of the new Hammer region B blu-rays now that I'm finally region free. It doesn't help matters that Criterion is releasing three must buy blu-rays in December (Qatsi Trilogy, Following, & Brazil).

16. bruce h

December pre-orders up:

Chiller: The Complete Series:
    The television series Chiller was a five episode horror anthology that aired in the UK in 1995. Presented here for the first time in the U.S., these supernatural shockers feature malevolent spirits, a brutal serial killer and a haunted house set in contemporary England. Starring many of Britain's leading actors like Nigel Havers (Chariots of Fire, TV's Coronation Street), Martin Clunes (UK's Men Behaving Badly), Sophie Ward (Young Sherlock Holmes) and Kevin McNally (Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean series), this compelling collection will leave you chilled to the bone! Episodes include PROPHECY, TOBY, HERE COMES THE MIRROR MAN, THE MAN WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS and NUMBER SIX.
    DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009KUGQV8&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

I Love It From Behind:
    A young girl named Mimei is working hard to get as many man-hood prints as possible. She's been collecting these works of art since high school, and her goal is to get 100 prints before her arranged marriage within the next month. Seeking help from her lesbian friends Masumi and Rei, she begins chasing various men around Japan. Mimei finally gets her last man and is met with a challenge! He'll allow her to make a print of his man-hood only if she can make him achieve ultimate ecstasy. She accepts, but finds out getting what she needs is a lot more difficult than she imagined! I LOVE IT FROM BEHIND! is jaw-dropping, naughty and fun!
    DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009KVHB5M&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

Sex Hunter: Wet Target:
    While rotting away in jail, Okamoto learns of the death of his beloved sister, Natsuko. Violently assaulted by a group of U.S. military men during a drunken joyride, she was found dead by local authorities. Haunted by the tragedy, Okamoto escapes from jail to hunt down and kill those who destroyed the life of his sister. What he uncovers during his investigation is much more horrifying than he could ever imagine! Fueled by rage, he meets the killers one by one as the film explodes into an unbelievable climax of bloodshed. A classic, violent thriller from the vaults of Nikkatsu Pictures, SEX HUNTER: WET TARGET is one of the most controversial entries in their erotic films series.
    DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009KUGQPO&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Synapse Films on Facebook:
    I've heard reports of people getting theirs already too.

18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I received my DVD/BD combo today as well. Big thanks to Morally Sound again for making me aware of this! :)

19. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Received mine yesterday. I haven't watched this since I got the original DVD several years ago. Looking forward to watching this in HD.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

dont really care about this new remastered reeditied doc i just want the dawn of the dead ultimate edition on blu