Synapse teases DEMONS for 2013 on Blu-ray!!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 4, 2013.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That was the exact same number as my order until my confirmation e-mail, so that's probably just a glitch. I'd expect everyone to have that number originally given to them then.

They said they were half way sold out sometime ago on Facebook and said they shipped a pallet to Diabolik DVD. They're DiabolikDVD's number 1 and 2 sellers respectively. We haven't seen Document of the Dead Blu-ray discounted and that's been sitting for well over a year now.

Make of that what you will.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

[​IMG]

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I was one of the ones initially criticizing Synapse for the price on these, but I decided that I just love these films too much to not have them in the best presentation possible and the picture quality on these is just insane. Makes Arrow's release look like a VHS. One example of how Synapse just perfectly understands their customer base is how they thought to make the paper info sheet on the back sized in a way where it will fit in the steelbook. First time I've ever seen or heard of anyone thinking to do this. Not to mention I ordered these this past Friday morning and they were in my mailbox today. With that kind of customer service, I don't regret paying what I paid for these at all.

4. deepred

deepred Member

I noticed this too. :)

5. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Synapse rules!! All other companies play second fiddle Imo, Nuff said. Although SHout Factory comes close.;)

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Synapse's transfer looks better.

~Matt

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

The colors are a lot more vibrant on the synapse

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Shhh, Demoni might be listening ;)

Honestly while I think Synapse does look better it seems it's main difference is better colour; detail seem to look exactly the same. For the price, Arrow is the way to go. The Synapse releases definitely don't seem like they're worth such a significant price jump.

If these new releases get a standard packaging release with a much lower price tag I'll probably bite. I'm happy with what I've got at the moment though.

10. Zollman

Zollman New Member

The Arrow versions were always crap, not to mention lacking the Stereo english mix.
    I like Arrow but they weren't really consistent till James White came on board.

11. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

ok I caved on part 1 61 USD shipped, hope customs don't get me too bad.

12. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

Got mine yesterday - managed to avoid customs :)

not watched them yet (probably over christmas when I get time from work), but the box artwork is lush.

13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

It´all good... I don´t defend either company, just love a good release.

My take on the whole thing about "Synapse" justifying their work using "Arrow" name was a personal opinion in that I though was shitty move.

But other than that, I love Demons, and I always wanted to also buy this version if they released it in a normal price edition.

14. Zombie Dude

I'm willing to bet Synapse would have sold a hell of a lot more copies if they just released a normal (non-steelbook) edition at half the cost. Arrows double steelbook didn't even cost me as much as Synapse wants for one of theirs.

15. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

REALLY!

Fudge you, Synapse... putting out products only for the elite and wealthy. Even Jurassic Park wasn't built "only for the super rich" - what about the hard-working fans who want to support your ass??

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Eventually, I still believe that Synapse will release this in a normal non-steelbook edition. I mean, if the costs were so high as they say, why not recoup all the money they can?

I believe this steelbook thing was just a way for them to take advantage.

Yeah, in this day and age their business tactic is just wrong. Long goes the time when I payed 50USD for Anchor Bay´s Halloween or Suspiria.

17. Zombie Dude

I know right? Dick move Synapse. They should consider the people who can't afford to drop that kind of cash.
    I hope they do release a cheaper edition down the road. I hope they're not waiting to sell all the steelbook copies because that could be a long wait.

Exactly. Dropping 20-25 dollars on a blu/dvd is considered (and is) expensive these days.

18. killit

killit Active Member

I actually think you're right on the money, however you will probably benefit from steep discounts opposed to the suckers (me) who paid 100 for both. That being said, I LOVE both films and I'm not sad about the price anymore, my only gripe is for the price, I would liked to have seen every extra ever done on a demons release and interviews with the leads

19. nullman

nullman Member

ok I just got these 2 steelbooks and am having a problem with sound. On both blurays the center channel sound is absent and mixed into the front 2 main speakers. I checked the 2 dvds and they do not have this problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

You know, you guys are spoiled. The first time the Demons films were given a decent disc release was in 1998, when The Roan Group released them on Laserdisc as part of their "Spaghetti Nightmares Collection" (which also included top notch SE discs of The Bird With the Crystal Plumage, Phenomena, and Tenebre). List price was $49.95 on each of those, in 1998 dollars.

I just "ordered" the Arrow steelbook (thanks, Othervoice!), although going through this thread, is it correct that it's only a stereo mix? Seriously? I mean, the above mentioned laserdiscs are Dolby Digital 5.1!