Synapse teases DEMONS for 2013 on Blu-ray!!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 4, 2013.

1. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

Steelbooks are a waste of steel! I mean with all of these eco-friendly dvd and blu-ray cases they're using steel to put a fuckin' disc in!

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I think these are a hedge on not expecting enough demand to sell enough standard versions, and standard will depend on these selling out. If they don't sell out before release date, then I doubt they'll do standard versions. If they do sell quick, then standards are almost a given. I'll wait and see, that double shipping is a jack move!

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

update from facebook!!!!
    Well, I want to thank all the fans and friends for supporting us! Our DEMONS and DEMONS 2 Steelbooks are now around 33% sold through of each, in just a little over 24 hours. Jerry and I want to give back a little something to our fans by having a surprise 50% sale on our website www.synapse-films.com! Now, to early morning Sunday, we're offering up a 50% coupon code: synapsesale. Entering this code at checkout, will give you 50% off your order (excluding some of the early preorder items, of course). As always, we offer free shipping in the U.S. Again, thank you all and we hope you have a fantastic day!

4. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Selling 33% in over 24 hours - Synapse Demons 1 & 2

Selling 100% in less than 8 hours - Twilight Time titles

5. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

Last time I checked - that happened with one Twilight Time title while the rest took days and in FRIGHT NIGHT's case - weeks. Just saying.

6. killit

killit Active Member

tittles tittles tittles

7. killit

killit Active Member

I'm sorry, now after a certain thread I can never read titles the same way

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Christine sold out within 8 hours, Night of the Living Dead '90 took 8 Days (and that was before annyone knew about the problematic transfer), Fright Night took 5 weeks and The Fury is still readily available nearly 4 months after the preorders went up.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

regarding the audio for demons 1 from facebook There was an English U.S. version "dub" that was mixed in mono for the U.S. theatrical version. Internationally, there was an alternate English "dub" that was different than the U.S. version, that was utilized for other world territories. And, finally, there was the Italian dub. We have access to all three soundtracks. The U.S. mono dub is ever so slightly shorter than the uncut version of the film we are releasing (by a few seconds... some people do not realize that the U.S. version eliminated some quick shots of a Coca-Cola can), but we can do some audio editing to make it work. Much like Arrow did for their release, but we'll fix it up much better

10. deepred

deepred Member

You also have to consider a lot more horror fans and ebay swindlers are aware about TT because of the Fright Night debacle when it sold out and the price sky rocketed. I think this is why that window keeps getting smaller and smaller before they sell out as more and more people find out about the TT model and have to obviously be fast about it. I don't think TT expected for The Fury to be a hot title because there was not the same amount of buzz for it like Christine and is probably why Christine had a 10 minimum whereas The Fury had none. This is the 1st time Synapse has offered this kinda deal so I think we need to let the rest of the internet catch on before we can begin to compare them like that.

I think a 33% sell-out after 1 day could be considered positive for a standard release. Let's just hope people keep picking it up out of fear. I would have waited for a regular release if not for the fact that we are having a con here in Atlanta that Bava will be attending and I would love to get a region A Demons blu-ray signed.

Also, I think it's really cool for Synapse to offer the 50% off deal. It shows they care what the customers think and aren't out to rip them off.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  11. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I have been considering getting those just as a companion piece for my Arrow steelbook release, but when I heard these prices it is a big no!

Sure, for me, the big plus of these releases would be the alternate english audio that is missing from the Arrow release, with which I grew up with, but on the other hand, having seen Demons last year on the big screen with the other english soundtrack is not a great miss.

If Don releases these in a normal edition with affordable prices I will jump on it...

12. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I am happy with my Arrow Steelbook - If I didnt have that Id consider it - but yea the prices are pretty steep

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

If any buyers from overseas are interested in these, DiabolikDVD has both up for pre-order at $47 each:

Demons

Demons 2

14. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

:eek:damn well my easy choice became harder

15. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

my girlfriend came home from work last night, and she had the new rue morgue in her hand...knowing we're both retards for the 2 films, she couldn't wait to tell me about the synapse ad showing the new blu rays...man, is she gonna be bummed out when she gets home today...here's hoping for the standard releases!

16. mlock

mlock Member

From one Canadian to another: I agree!! If Synapse decides to smarten up and release regular versions, I'll gladly consider a double-dip of the first film. Otherwise, long live Arrow Steelbook!

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

From Facebook:

18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I asked Synapse on Facebook if the Anchor Bay extras will be ported over and this is what they said:

"No. We aren't using those. We inquired, but they were hesitant to do anything because the supplements are owned by someone else."

So you purists are gonna wanna keep hanging on to the AB discs.

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Those screensshots look amazing...makes me feel a little better about preordering those steelbooks.

20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member