Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Jul 17, 2003.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Wow, this does look like it'll be good. I'll definitely be seeing this, but no way will it even begin to compare to the original. :)

2. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

it's pretty sad when the best part of the trailor is the recycling of the original's music

3. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

it does get props for using "song of the siren" in such a fitting way

4. Hurtya

Hurtya Guest

BAH!

After seeing this piece of dung for a trailer, I just have this to say..... WHY BOTHER? It reminds me of the psycho remake, if you aren't going to do your own take on the subject why bother redoing it in the first place. Not like the original was any kind of crap and needed to be remade, they didn't even update it to modern day it still takes place in the 70's and pretty much looks like a copy of the first movie.

And another thing, this new leatherface is too slow slamming that steel door! the thing that made that scene so creepy in the original was that leatherface SLAMS that motherfucker with such intensity, such finality, that you know whoever he gets behind it is DOOMED! not to mention how stong he had to be to slam a heavy steal door that hard! Sheesh they can't even get the little things right... Oh well :cry: Rant off. I won't be seeing this one sorry to say to me its a slap in ol' tobie hoopers face if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2003
  5. tommy doyle

tommy doyle New Member

the poster reminds me of an album cover by Disturbed.

I HATE Jessica Biel

6. Latency

Latency Guest

You GOTTA have the "ass shot". The original "ass shot" was nice too ....

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

TCM 4 is basically a remake. it has various scenes that mimic the original. i read somewhere that this was Kim Henkel's vision of TCM.

8. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Are you guys out of your minds? That trailer is crap. No surprise that they'd ruin a good thing....

The opening moments of it has so many flaws......

Typical couple of teen/20 crowd making out in the back of the truck (BORING and CLICHED).

The music is just your usual rock/horror soundtrack so they can make an album that might chart…..

Who the heck is the woman walking down the road saying “They’re all dead”? Where the brother?????

Who is the wheelchair dude saying, “What the hell are you doing in my house”? Where is the wheelchair bound victim?

What are the scenes of all those pretty teens walking through the house together searching it? This is just so boring – and totally what you would expect from Hollywood today. It’s like every other film. In the original, they never all went into the house together (not Leatherfaces house, anyhow).

I could go on - but I saw NOTHING in the trailer that gives me even a glimmer of hope. It looked like total Hollywood glitzy horror - once again..... No real surprise.... They tried to gain some credibility by using some of the original SFX's - it's just pitiful.....

9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Re: BAH!

Maybe this will piss Hooper off enough that he'll get off his fat ass and make something good. Good might be impossible for him now, but at least something halfway decent.

10. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Obviously they're not doing a straight remake. The trailer shows these teens finding the van of the original people in a field. So it's a "new" story as it were. Not that it matters......

Who is the grandma saying, "oh my my my" - oh forget it, this looks like a piece of crap anyhoo..... They tried to gain credibility by stealing the original sound FX.... it ain't working....

11. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

Is it me or does it look like the movie takes place mostly in that huge house? oh well i'll still see it. it looks ok and my take some getting use to with all the changes but all in all, nothing can replace the original and i think everyone knows that. Also, they better have some meathook scene. I'm suprised they didn't show something of it in the trailer.

12. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

The hook is there - actually.....

This film without the ending sequence, with the spinning in the road - would be unthinkable.....

13. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

Yea but i don't think it was the meathook cause it was on a chain it looked like and was very small.

14. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

I have a bad feeling that that grandma is THE grandma........I know....it doesn't make sense from the original, but having grandpa(?) cursing from his chair doesn't make sense either....or having R. Lee Ermey as Sheriff Hoyt isn't ringing any bells....and where is Franklin?!

I was actually kinda hyped for this "remake", but this trailer really surprised and disappointed me............I'll still give it a chance.....but it's not looking good so far.............

BTW: An ominous sign is also in the trailer, when it shows a close-up of a beat-up mailbox with the name "Hewitt" on top.....bringing back bad memories of teen scream films from not so long ago......:(

Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  15. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

I'm actually pretty sure that the big lady is not the grandma but she is the tea lady. on imdb, they have a character listed as the tea lady and if u click the name, a picture of the big lady from the trailer is there

16. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Huh, she could be evil. But seriously, where the fuck is franklen. And I hope they get John back to do the voice overs!

17. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

How come if a remake is shot for shot, like Psycho, people bitch, but then if it's different than the original people still bitch? Sure remakes are evil, minus several that have actually been good, but oh well, they've done it. It's coming out, might as well give it a shot.

18. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Also why do people complain about movies having teens or attractive people in their early 20's? I may be crazy, but haven't there always been horror movies starring teens and attractive people in their early 20's?

19. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

--How come if a remake is shot for shot, like Psycho, people bitch--

Because it shows a lack on invention and is boring.

--but then if it's different than the original people still bitch?--

Depends how different it is. It needs to add something to the mix, but needs a modicum of the original. Or else, make a whole other movie.

--Sure remakes are evil--

Nah, that's just an over-generalization on your part.

--It's coming out, might as well give it a shot.--

Personally, I tend not to support what I don't like. I'm not going to go just because they pin a familiar title on it.

--Also why do people complain about movies having teens or attractive people in their early 20's?--

Because the way they are portrayed in hackneyed and cliched. It is not an age thing - it is a portrayal thing. The central characters in the vast majority of Hollywood horror films today are carbon copies of each other. It's tiresome. They're not in any way real - nor can you associate with them.

--I may be crazy, but haven't there always been horror movies starring teens and attractive people in their early 20's?
    --

See above. You have misinterpreted the issue.

20. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

They should have called it "TCM 5". Where's the sense of alienation? They seemed to find the house at the same time.