Texas Chainsaw Remake (Blu-Ray) $14.99 at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by BlackAndBlu81, Sep 8, 2009.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Damn I just bought it a few weeks ago for $23! I think they offer price differences within a month right? Mine is still brand new.

2. AndresG

AndresG Member

prices will keep dropping, it's just a matter of time...

3. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I went to my Wal Mart tonight, no dice.

Anyone willing to pick it up for me and I'll PayPal em' the money with shipping?

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

nothing here either on walmarts website it says 9/29 and in limited stores. some stores probably got it with freddy vs jason blu-ray that came out on 9/8 as chainsaw's original release date was 9/8 along with snakes on a plane blu-ray. for some unknown reason those two got pushed back a couple weeks or of course other stores got it and realised the date change. i got harper's island dvd set 2 weeks back at my walmart.
    also walmart is getting ready changing their movies hopefully the blu-ray selection will increase last time it shrunk.
    alot of times when they change there titles they put out upcoming titles early like cujo,nightmare on elm street infifilm dvds a couple years ago.

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I'm sure if it's sealed you could.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the closest Wal-Mart here and picked up Big Trouble, Rocky, Edward Scissorhands, 28 Weeks Later, and The Omen ('76) on BD all for $12.83 CDN each. And got the Hardbodies collection for $13.

They didn't have the TCM remake though.

7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Glad you took advantage of the deals. More and more I'm tempted to hold off on buying too much stuff new, particularly catalog titles. I can wait for these price drops. It's just so worth it. The Hardbodies Collection is such a great addition to my collection. :banana:

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Were there any other Blu's for that price? I went to Wal Mart last night to get a price adjustment on my Big Trouble Blu Ray but didn't see what else they had as their Big Trouble still had the old price on the cover, so I figured the rest probably wouldn't have the correct new prices. That and all they were all locked up so you couldn't go through them without getting an employee to open it up for you.

9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I found this at a local Wal-mart last night. It wasn't with the side rack of blu rays, but rather on one of those "hang on" single racks that are throughout the electronics section. Perhaps other stores are putting them there as well? I seen FvJ as well, but Amazon shipped my copy the other day. No Creepshow though.

As for the TCM blu, excellent quality!! WB did a great job on it. The extras are standard definition, but it's good of WB to include all of the stuff from the 2 disc dvd.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I grabbed it last night at Wal-Mart, and got it for $9.99 price matched.

WAL-MART OWED ME THAT MUCH!!!

I go there once a week usually, no more than I need to. Last night a grease fire broke out in the Subway eatery inside the store.

Employees were yelling down through the aisles (and later over the intercom) that everyone had to vacate the building IMMEDIATELY. "Leave everything, bring no store items to the front." No fire alarm was ever heard, silent perhaps...I don't know.

So, about 30-40 people rushed up to the front of the store and the one set of front doors were locked and blocked off! Not only that, but a jackass employee was yelling and shooing at everyone to proceed clear to the other side of the store and get out via those doors. Can we say stupid? Those doors were practically right next to the fire!

And another thing, when we did actually get outside of the store: one of the store managers actually climbed up onto the roof gawking only about 10 feet away from the fire which was burning plainly visible off the roof...not to mention the obvious smoke and heat. Why in the hell would the moron go up there BEFORE the fire department even got there, when a serious fire was clearly blazing?

So, basically Wal-Mart broke several fire codes. My father used to be a fireman, and I lodged a complaint with one of the fireman, who was actually even trained by my father many years ago. He certainly didn't think too much of the store's stupidity, and promised it would be investigated.

The management at this store is utterly pathetic. It's no wonder that the store is such an unorganized mess. I truly hope they get their dumbasses fined. Of course, that'll come out of their petty cash and won't make any difference. :eek2:

So basically, I wasted a good 1-2 hours last night waiting outside of Wal-Mart. I couldn't even leave since my car was parked near the store and you couldn't get closer than 100 feet.

Chalk one more up to why I'll continue buying less at Wal-Mart.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  11. Reverenddave

Reverenddave Member

Amazon has this for $9.99 right now.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

So it looks like the Freddy vs Jason and Texas remake Blu Rays have all the extras but the still galleries. Can anyone that bought these confirm that the still galleries are missing before I sell of my old DVDs?

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Neither Blu-ray has the DVD still galleries ported over.

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I watched FvJ on blu today and then started to check out the special features. I think NL made a boo-boo. I watched the "Devleopment Hell" featurette then went to watch the "On Location: Springwood" featurette, but what came up wasn't the same as the DVD version. Instead, a "Starz" featurette that played on the Starz channel came up instead! Anyone else notice this?

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Same here.

This is just plain ludicrous and the perfect example of why the genre's output isn't getting better. Nor is it likely to improve any time soon.

16. unstoppable

unstoppable Guest

My walmart had them too. I had them price match best buy and picked up a couple of copies for ebay.

Really good disc.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

of the 3 walmarts i have the one i don't usually go to had it locked up with other blu-rays so i picked it up today

18. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

DAMN YOU!!!!! lol.

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

There are so many other blu's that I want, so I had to weigh in which ones were most important for Sept-Oct and unfortunately this one was bumped off to the sidelines by other must haves.

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Same here.