Texas Chainsaw Remake (Blu-Ray) $14.99 at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by BlackAndBlu81, Sep 8, 2009.

1. CaptHowdy

CaptHowdy Guest

I picked up Freddy vs. Jason for $10 and TCM '03 for $14.95...didn't bother with price matching, but I saw it later on Wal-Mart.com for $9 and change.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Best Buy finally got this in today. Funny, the $9.99 sale price tag was there 3 weeks ago, then disappeared (maybe someone took it to Wal-Mart, I almost did but took a picture with my phone instead :D Also WM still doesn't have this today:rolleyes:) and is still MIA.

Thankfully it still rang up at $9.99 despite the $24.99 price tag. I was ready to call the manager over and show the picture of the sale tag (dated good until 10/03) but thankfully didn't have to find out if that would work.:)

3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah..I bought this for $9.99 at Best Buy as well. After waiting for the damn thing for a month. They had two copies left when I got there. I'm glad I didn't wait another day to buy it. With my luck, they would have been sold out. It is nowhere to be found at my local Walmart.

4. CaptHowdy

CaptHowdy Guest

I generally hate remakes, but don't mind this one too much. And for under $10, I think it's a must have, if for nothing more then completion's sake.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

?

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Got mine at BestBuy today for $9.99. I saw they were selling the original Halloween for $9.99 as well, but there were none left, just the remake 2 disc that usually goes for like $25. I tried to pretend it was $9.99 per the sale tag on the rack when I went to checkout, but they didn't go for it :p

They also have Halloween, Children of the Corn and Hellraiser 3-pack Blus' for $34 which I thought was a good deal but I already have Halloween.

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Anyone else able to confirm this yet?

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for the remake so I think here is fine, but I watched the remake a week or so ago after not having seen it for at least 10 years. I was very surprised at how little blood and gore is in the film to the point where I wondered why they bothered. I know the original is pretty blood-less but you would have thought the first thing on the list for doing a remake would be to make it more bloody and violent. I was actually pretty bored watching it and just kept thinking about the original, like the way those scene where dressed was more graphic than this film lol.

I chucked on The Beginning too and it's a much better film that the remake with more interesting characters and actual blood and gore. They even recreate the dining table scene which is sorely missed in the remake and add some real dark humor.

fceurich39 likes this.