The Hills Have Eyes 2 (plus HHE 1 and Hostel)

Discussion in 'General' started by gfanikf, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I'll go ahead and remove the first from my queue and not bother with this. Thanks for suffering, all.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So lets see:
    Wes hasn't written a good movie since maybe 1994? And hasn't directed a decent film since 96' for that matter.

Oh boy. Might have to avoid this one.

3. After reading what you guys said, I'm waiting for DVD on this one. I'd rather check out Dead Silence before this one anyway.

4. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

5. gfanikf

gfanikf Guest

After seeing the first I agree with you about the glorious vengence part.

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Checked this out this week, I enjoyed it well enough, It had some nice gore. It wasn't wonderful by any means but I would put it in the same league as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre the beginning.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  7. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I don't want to waste time with words because it's not worth it, but Hills Have Eyes 2 might be the worst horror film I've seen in I-don't-know-how-many years. I usually avoid all the crappy looking stuff to begin with, but I liked the first HHE and I'm an aquaintance of one of the mutants so I thought I'd check it out. Worst. Shit. Ever. Avoid it like the plague. Hell, I'd almost rather have the plague than watch this again.

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Me and my buddy went to this on Sunday. We were the only 2 people in the theatre. It was sweet! Anyway, I was expecting it to be worse than what it was, but I enjoyed it fairly so. Definately brutal and violent. That opening scene with the birth was downright disturbing, I was creeped out. Anyway, the plot definately sucks, as does the dialouge, but this movie moves by fast and mean. It's quick, violent, and mean and I think that worked well for the movie, as it definately kept me entertained and shocked in a few scenes. *** out of ***** Check it out, it's quite the rollercoaster ride.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

it was alright nothing spectacular i still like the original hills have eyes part 2 i mean come on the dog named beast had flash backs classic stuff

10. fceurich39

dvd extras are in for hills have eyes part 2 release date july 17th 2007
    theatrical version is a flipper disc widescreen/fullscreen extras are
    making of featurette
    trailers

luckily the unrated version is much better
    single sided widescreen
    making of featurette
    graphic/comic featurette
    wes craven film school featurette
    trailers
    gag reel
    alternate ending and deleted scenes

hated it in the theater but will get the unrated dvd just lucky that the unrated version is not a flipper disc
    head on over to www.dvdactive.com also in the comments is the official press releasing

11. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I don't know what was added to the Unrated version I just watched but I'm giving this 4/5 because of the cool gore, bloodshed and graphic violence. Cheap but fun sequel, much better than Wes Craven's from 1985 :D
    The DVD has a rather silly but funny alternate ending worth checking out.

12. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking the unrated version up. I saw this in the theaters and liked it.

13. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

I haven't seen the alternate ending yet, but even though I really liked it in the theater (for reasons that astounded even myself), the ending always bothered me:

When it pans out to the digital map of the mountains, there should be a red dot for the mutant that was still alive, that helped them. That was a plot hole. Also, I found that the hand shutting the computer was much less effective than if there had been red dots all over the mountains on the screen.

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Good points. The alternate ending was even less effective unless they wanted audiences to laugh in an unintentional manner.

15. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

If you hated it, why spend another $20 on the film???

16. fceurich39

well let's see i have the unrated remake, the original hills have eyes part 2 and the anchor bay 2 disc of the original all on dvd. i even have mind ripper on vhs which in the u.k. is hills have eyes part 3 so i guess i am a completist

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

What a sorry excuse for a movie this is. I mean, my god, that was just pitiful. Sure there was gore, but it was poorly done and there was subzero suspense so why would I want to see that? I couldn't even be bothered to wish that these people would die. They straight up just forgot to create the characters. Hell, they threw in a rape for no good reason, and I couldn't even be bothered to be offended because it was just another stupid thing. They couldn't even make rape offensive or upsetting. Not a lick of filmmaking talent is on display here.

Oh and when you are having your mutants
    cut up a guy and stick him in the toilet to die slowly of an infection from the germs in the shit
    you might need to consider putting down the crack pipe. I am looking at you Wes Craven.

There's no wonder R Rated horror is floundering as so much of it lately is just so, so bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  18. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Even with that very unflattering review from onebyone, I am STILL going to rent this. Glutton for punishment? Probably.

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I'ld do the same. I have this compelling desire to see every horror movie that comes down the pipe. Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes I find myself wondering why I punish myself so. This current batch of R movies might just break me of this habit though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  20. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I thought it was okay...certainly worth a rental, although I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater. Decent gore, and it moves along at a good pace. I agree that it was better than the original sequel--I'm glad they created a new story instead of just copying the original [one of the problems I had with the first remake was that they had too much of the original's story.]