The Monster Squad OFFICIAL dvd: "It's Coming"

Discussion in 'General' started by Demon, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    My local BB was sold out, but the Walmart had dozens of copies.

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i walked into a dvd trading store in the city yesterday and noticed a R1 copy of this for the equivalent of $53 USD

PS: the US exchange rate is brilliant for overseas buyers at the moment.

3. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Went to Best Buy and they were sold out, the clerk said they wouldn't be getting more until a weeks time. He was amazed at how fast it sold. I don't think anyone suspected it. As sad as I was that they were sold out I decided to go to Wal-Mart in hopes that they might have one. Amazingly I snagged the last copy.

4. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

I went out to get HOST, Hard Boiled and Monster squad, BB was sold out of MS, Walmart was sold out of MS and Hardboiled, so I went to Circuit city and found them all, MS was in the comedy section.

5. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Same thing happened at my Best Buy. The guy said he only got a few copies and was very surprised at how fast they sold. I hope this opens to the doors to more high quality horror DVD releases in the future, shitty covers and all.

6. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Hold on a second there buster brown, you mean to tell me that when the studios actually listen to what the fans want to buy, the fans buy it and the studios are rolling in money?

That's doesn't make any sense. Who approve this release?

Fire that person.

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Initially I wasn't going to buy this, though I did like the movie quite a bit. Now I'm tempted...

I'm really happy that this release is selling well; hopefully whoever owns the rights to Night of the Creeps will be convinced enough to put it out on DVD.

8. Bad_Ronald_1983

Bad_Ronald_1983 New Member

Found my copy at Suncoast. I pre-ordered it and they told me it was $19.99, but it rang up $14.99 plus the $5.00 off for the pre-order. So I only paid $9.99 for it. So it was a better deal than expected!

Local BB, didn't get any in. Other ones have sold out. Wal-Mart had 2 copies, and Sam's Club had a lot of them, they were $12.88 each. So if you have one near you, def. check it out.

9. jefff

jefff Guest

BB was sold out, so I went to a smaller indy music/dvd store, and they had lots of copies for only $11.99! :)

10. lv426

lv426 New Member

So I picked up the dvd today, and there was no insert inside....wtf. Did Canadians not get them or what? Perhaps someone with some skills could scan their insert and make a sweet dvd cover for those of us who think the new art is shoddy.:cry:

11. lv426

lv426 New Member

Great dvd otherwise though.:banana:

12. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I got my copy from Best Buy at noon. The clerk who sold it said he put out 10 copies, three employees snagged them and put theirs under the counter, and four had sold in two hours. I am sure the last two sold in the next two hours.

13. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

My copy was the last at Best Buy, and I am about to watch it and call it a night. I really appreciate the insert, and even if it doesn't quite cover the new one, hey, it still works.

Thanks, Lionsgate! I am very happy this evening. I got The Monster Squad on DVD! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Picked up my copy today for $6 thanks to a $10 voucher I had for CD Plus. Woot!

15. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I couldn't get the site to load on my computer, but if you search for Monster Squad on this site you can find a decent cover with the original artwork:
    http://covers.box.sk/
    Be sure you have a powerful pop-up blocker before clicking though, you get about 4 pop-ups per page on that site. I would've just linked to the art but it doesn't work that way.

16. welb25

welb25 Member

Picked this up today during lunch. I can't wait to finally see it in 2.35:1.

17. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I HATE that shit! My Best Buy had three copies in stock and the employees had 'em on hold. One blue shirt had to give my friend a copy to shut him up. :D Gee, let's order three stinkin' copies of a popular 80's horror movie while we sit on forty copies of Dead & Deader. :rolleyes:

18. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

No one in my area got any. I checked best buy, circuit city, and two wal-marts. My cup of emotion was chocked full of pissed. I came home and ordered it from amazon. So much for Monster Squad night.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Correction: the Wal-Mart here did actually get it in stock. The moron who worked there and answered the phone in the movies department obviously didn't know jackshit.

The Hastings store here only got in 6 copies, and they were gone within hours.

Best Buy didn't get a single copy in at the store here. I went there to buy something else and there were three people asking if they had the movie in stock.

Who exactly are the dolts at these stores actually deciding which new DVD's to stock? Hell, the movie has even been featured on the front cover of at least two magazines recently...EVERYONE wanted this!

As for the DVD itself...very nice! The best damned $12.99 I've spent in a long while. :) :) :)

20. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

I was gonna get mine at BB but when I went there the three copies they had were all damaged (the cardboard cover thingy that goes over the keep case were bent and slightly torn) and I'm pretty anal about making sure I get the best copy of a dvd I can find. I know, it's stupid but I'm like that :p. Anyway, I just went next door to DVD Planet got it there (they had an entire rack full) along with Hard-Boiled. Decided to watch Hard-Boiled after work instead though and save MS for the weekend. Looking foward to it.