The Prowler

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I really hope BU gets the thumb out of their asses, and give this a UHD release, as soon as possible.

Zombie Dude and fceurich39 like this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

But they like the feeling.

Steel76 likes this.
  3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

:D BU is perhaps the most aggressive UHD horror producer out there right now. I kinda wrote BU off a few years ago but since Zombi 2 was released on UHD they've really hit the ground running with excellent 4k releases.

If you want Prowler to have the best chance at an UHD release BU is where it needs to be.

4. foller

foller Active Member

I don't think that they have the rights anymore. If they had they would have released a remastered 4K Blu Ray by now.

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Look what came up in my Facebook feed, "For those of you asking about a 4K of THE PROWLER, you can hear it from the man himself right here:"

They're looking for the negative. So far they haven't found it. The last transfer was from the interpositive.

Although it sounds like they ran off a positive print of a negative to use as the basis for another 4k release which doesn't make sense to me: you can flip a digital negative image and get the positive. You don't need an analog intermediate. But as an armchair fan what do I know?

Lustig also says that he is only focusing now on titles he can do in 4k. That's where he sees the market heading. And Don May said similar when he recently said on Deadpit that the market is heading towards a LD like situation; I imagine with UHD being the LD and streaming being the VHS.

russweiss, gobad2003 and zbinks like this.