Tombs of the Blind Dead coming from Synapse!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Kim Bruun, Jul 28, 2019.

1. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Having the same issue with Vinegar Syndrome, with regards to The Beastmaster and Six-String Samurai. I'd like high quality upgrades of them, and I appreciate the effort put in to acquire the rights and do the work (enough to tempt shelling out the extra cash, such efforts by small studios deserves rewarding). But damn that $45 price tag for the special edition that mostly contains swag I don't give a damn about (and have to make shelf space for) is a hard pill to swallow. Drop the price to the $30 range for just the disks and I'm on it.

The Blind Dead series is already something I'm on the fence about. There's an ethereal creepy mood to the films, but overall the one time I watched them they didn't do much for me and I haven't watched them since. If I buy again / try again, my preference would be for the entire set as a package, just the films and some on disk supplementary content. No booklets, steelbooks, posters, theater cards, etc. No buying them one film at a time staggered out months/years between releases. And especially no over a C-note price tag. If Synapse doesn't eventually offer such an option, I may well pass.

satans-sadists and Steel76 like this.
  2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm not overly fond of deluxe boxsets, particularly when they are oversized, which is why I never dipped on the Blue Underground coffin set of the Blind Dead series and waited a year for them to get individually released. If it can't fit on the shelf then I don't want it. In the nearly 20 years since I haven't revisited the series nearly enough to justify the $80 I spent on those DVDs. That said, if they were released by Arrow UK I'd give them a second thought.

The Beastmaster was worth the $40 or so I spent on the preorder, but I'm having a harder time justifying Synapse's Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue which I would like but not for the $60 our local Bull Moose has it for. Even $50 that the Synapse site has it for is a tough sell.

Zombie Dude likes this.