(Tracker) Worthwhile Titles on Netflix Instant Streaming

Discussion in 'General' started by SaxCatz, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

All three parts of the Red Riding Trilogy are now available on streaming. I've yet to see them but they come highly recommended.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I finally got to see BLOOD HOOK, which I had always wanted to see as a kid. That and TIMERIDER! :)

3. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

I finished watching those a couple nights ago. REALLY good I thought. You should check 'em out if you got the time.

4. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This thread is awesome.

5. 3invertednines

3invertednines New Member

That's a great link! I'll be referencing that in the future.

6. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I watched this last weekend and, unfortunately, can see why it never saw a DVD release...
    Despite a few instances of somewhat shocking imagery and a periodically good sense of forboding, the cheese factor is REALLY high...
    "Let's see if Hollywood's number one driver can't lose one lousy fiat..." :nervous::eek1:

7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

This is probably worthless to mention, but I noticed the other day Friday the 13th parts 1 through 6 are on Instant. And Bava's Hatchet for the Honeymoon, I believe. Oh, and the 1993 version of Body Snatchers is coming in at the end of the month.

Also there in case anyone's interested (and if they haven't been mentioned):
    Dan O'Bannon's The Resurrected
    Larry Cohen's Special Effects
    From a Whisper to a Scream
    To Die For (which I believe got a sequel which used to play on Cinemax)
    Edge of Sanity

Most of those are now in my Queue. Thanks for the heads-up on Amityville 3D and Swamp Thing (which I haven't seen in years).

There are a ton of other Asian thriller / horror titles in Instant. Premonition, Seance, Three...Extremes, Pulse, A Tale of Two Sisters, Oldboy.

Warning on Suspiria - it's 5 minutes shorter than Anchor Bay's DVD version. (Could it be PAL?)

Anyone know on Jason Goes to Hell - is it the Uncut version or the R-rated? (Just go to the sequence where he rams the pole through the waitress. She says something like "go to hell" or "screw you" and if she says it while she's spitting blood and her mouth isn't saying words- it's R. If she's saying it in a shot where you can see her mouth saying the words- it's the uncut version.)

Completely agreed. And this version is not only in widescreen - but several minutes longer than WB's DVD version. So far I've noticed Don Rickles' hospital scene is quite a bit longer and there's extra dialogue in the scene where Sal talks to some of his goons. Oh, and most importantly... Sal's "I am the light!" speech is longer.

I've been dying to see that - thanks so much for mentioning it. It used to be available to watch in the Troma triple feature thing, but I believe it loaded 3 movies in at the same time, you had to FF through one or two to get to three or two. Not sure, but I know they did that with the Bloodspell triple B-header. Now, Blades is separate from Blood Hook- I'm going to watch both.

8. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I'm thinking this weekend. Glad to hear they are solid.

9. j tea

j tea New Member

Ive watched the first two of these. They are both really excellent if you can understand what they are saying (seriously thick British accents). They first one was the better of the two so far. Hoping to watch the last one soon.

10. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

Just watched The Horror Show (aka House 3) and I have to say I enjoyed it. Haven't seen it in quite some time since it hasn't been available on DVD in the US. Lance Hendrickson delivers and Brion James was pretty good too. Kind of like Wes Craven's Shocker except not as cheesy.

now if I can ever get around to finishing The Video Dead. Still don't understand why that film gets so much love.

11. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Available this week:
    White Zombie (1932)
    (I believe this was previously available but has returned);
    Bride of Monster (1955);
    Carnival of Souls (1962)
    (readily available via public domain but a good addition nontheless.);
    An American Werewolf in London (1981)
    (Believe that this was also previously available but great that it has returned!);
    Monkey Shines (1988)
    (Definitely a new edition as its been sitting in my DVD queue for ages!)

12. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Also:

The Gore Gore Girls
    My Name is Bruce
    Blood Feast 2
    and quite a few David Lynch movies

A warning on Christine: it's the fullscreen version. Wild Things used to be up (back in the spring or early winter this year) and when it was, it was widescreen. Damn Sony, can't make up their mind.

Thanks for the heads-up on The Horror Show. Brion James was great in his Tales from the Crypt episode.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  13. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Films that were about to go streaming: but never did:

Two Evil Eyes

Mondo Cane 1 and 2

Shock Waves

Opera

The Church

I'd keep on eye on these Netflix has removed them from coming soon to instant but they were listed on Netflix as well as other sites as going streaming a few weeks ago.

Also I think these are listed on Dread Central's write up but "Don't Look Now" and "Raw Meat" are both available and both excellent films! "Raw Meat" has probably my second favorite Donald Pleasance role.

14. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Excellent! I didn't realize that "Don't Look Now" was available. I've added it to my queue ("Raw Meat" was already there. ;)) I've been sad for awhile that I missed on on buying "Don't Look Now" on DVD. It was always just a bit more than I was willing to spend on it and. now that it is apparently out of print, it is FAR more than I would be willing to pay for it.
    Maybe we'll get a Blu-Ray release soon?

15. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I was in the exact same position and defiantly, after watching it the other night, see that it needs a blu release! The film is beautifully shot (in venice!) and all around fantastic piece of work right up there with the rest of Roeg's work.

16. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Worth checking out:

"Edge of Sanity" Sleaze-fest with Anthony Perkis: presupposes the story of Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde led to Jack the ripper after Dr. Jekyll became horribly addicted to cocaine. Not great but really surprising to see Perkis take on a role like this and how much sexuality/nudity they can cram into a bizarre period piece.

"The Offspring" a.k.a. "From a Whisper to a Scream" Jeff Burr's first film before he went on to do "Leatherface: TCM III" is an okay anthology picture with a great cast and a surprisingly dark atmosphere. Quite violent but also quite stupid still entertaining.

17. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Don't Look Now is only $18 used on Amazon. That doesn't seem too bad.

18. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

IMO, that's ridiculous for a used DVD of a title that was in print for years. But thank you for letting me know, anyway!

19. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Not trying to hijack this into a Don't Look Now thread but after seeing it in HD (even via ultra-low bit rate Netflix HD), I am right with you and absolutely convinced that this would make a stellar BD release!

20. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Just to let you know:

Although "Intruder" is listed at 88 min it is indeed the Paramount cut which removes all KNB effects. Seriously not worth your time.