Troll 2 Part 2 in 3D! and Best Worst Movie 2

Discussion in 'General' started by fattyjoe37, Nov 6, 2010.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

In my recent visit to ZomBcon I got to sit down and interview Dead Season director Adam Deyoe and he had some interesting things to say about the sequel to Troll 2 which he is involved in. Troll 2 Part 2 should be coming out soon and will be 3D. So you could be sitting in a theater watching a movie called Troll 2 Part 2 in 3D. I can't wait! He also mentions the making of this new film will be the basis for a Best Worst Movie 2. He talks about this at about 29 minutes into the episode I linked to below.

http://www.macguffinpodcast.com/podcast-release/episode-66-zombcon-2010-part-1/

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

This is destined to fail. A bad movie is good when it's unintentionally bad, but intentionally bad movies usually just wind up being unwatchable. Troll 2 was the result of a confluence of bad direction, writing, casting, acting, special effects, music, etc, and the odds that lightning will strike twice is astronomical.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Couldn't have said it better. Anything that claims to be cult classic before release will not be a cult classic but usually a pile of shit.

I do like the "2, part 2" part of the title though, that's fucking funny! But 3D? Really?

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

If I were to choose between Hobgoblins or Hobgoblins 2 I might just go for part 2 instead, so it's possible they can make something entertaining. (But Hobgoblins MSTied is better than part 2 stand alone)

A Troll 2 Part 2 would only really truly work if they brought in the original director, who to this day stands by the film and isn't changing his story like a Tommy Wiseau. It would be very possible to have lightening strike twice if he wrote and directed again.

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I like this for the title alone, but that's probably all I need. Would totally be aboard if Drago did it!

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Troll 2 Part 2? Ehh, I highly doubt this would be anywhere near the masterpiece that the original turned out to be... especially if you're trying to do it on purpose. The Crew/Cast of the original certainly weren't attempting to make a cult classic at the time.

7. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Yeah, bring Fragasso in to direct it. He's the man. Let him handle it. And convince him that this film should the the serious masterpiece he'll be remembered for. Let his wife co-write the script as she did with Zombi 3.

8. Dusk

Dusk New Member

I highly doubt this will actually be funded and produced. I'm sure the intention and plans are there. That said, I would love to be wrong. The world needs more Nilbog.