Twilight re-releases Fright Night and Christine in 2015!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:eek2: They need to change their name to Two Timers now.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

If Fright Night has some good extras, I MAY double dip. I missed Christine the first time around, but for me personally I don't think it warrants a $40 price tag. Maybe the price will be a bit lower. If not, I'll pass again.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It doesn't really bother me that they're re-releasing these. I missed Fright Night the first time around, so I'm glad to have a chance to pick it up. I'm glad for people who may have missed Christine as well and want to pick it up.

What bothers me is that these new versions are supposedly improved PQ / extras. I paid $35 for Christine, and they're already going back and releasing a BETTER version? Do it right the first fucking time! :mad:

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Wow - I was okay with my purchase of Fright Night the first time around- but now I feel kinda screwed- so I got a limited edition at a premium price that they just re-release not all that long later with (supposedly) an even better transfer and now extras. It sounds like maybe only "Journey" is getting an improved transfer but still. I do not even know what to say.....

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

The only ones I ever bought were Christine, Fright Night, Oliver!, and Body Double. Only because those are some of my favs.

I'm pretty annoyed by this too. But whatever. I always hold out on their releases and other editions come out that surpass them. Glad I waited on The Fury and went with Arrow (better extras AND a better transfer AND half the price) and Eureka is releasing Rapture with a new transfer and extras.

~Matt

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I don't like the idea of a limited edition in that it means fans may miss out. But I don't have much sympathy for those who complain about the re-release because they paid 40 bucks for the first one. Hey, if it wasn't worth 40 bucks to you, why buy it?

I've paid waaay more than 40 bucks for several of my favourites if upgrading to new formats and better editions is taken into account. And no one forced me to do it. I do occasionally look at my collection and think: Man, that's a lot of space, and a lot of money I'll never get back. I never regret uprading my favourites, though. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

As in the Mimi Rogers movie?????? :banana:

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I agree, and no offense intended to anybody here, but a lot of collectors are born suckers. I mean, come on. It should be pretty clear that true collector's items are never sold as "collector's items". Items like that generally have no genuine long term value so if your goal is resale then you better do it sooner than later because these things have expiration dates.

9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Well Fright Night and Sexy Beast are the only two I bought and actually kept because they are a couple of all time faves of mine. Just annoying the same company is re-releasing Fright Night with extras when the first one was 30 bucks bare bones.

Now if the rights Twilight had expired and Sony or whomever was releasing these then so be it - the irritating part is how Twilight Time is handling this. Not a huge deal but irritating nonetheless. I didn't have a problem with their business model before - but now I do.

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I paid the $35.00, and I will wait to see what the extras are before I double dip. I'm just glad that I didn't pay over $100.00 for it.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

Twilght should start a new movie line called the "Not Ever Gonna Fucking Re-Release This Title Again Edition" so we all get the fucking point. That being, "hands off" for any future re-releases.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

They need to re-release NOTLD with a different transfer.

13. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That's my beef. By all means re-release the fucking movies...there needs to be more of these on the market. No one should have to drop $150 on any of these movies...but to re-release the movie with new features and supposedly better PQ at the same inflated price is just a dick move. Especially when the releases are barely a couple of years old.

I can't see the PQ improving THAT substantially on either film, but if they get brand new feature length interviews for either of these "re-releases" these guys can go to Hell...they can go to Hell and die.

14. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

I can't believe the people on this board:confused: No one is twisting anyones arm to buy this new edition, If you don't want it don't buy it. I can't recall how many times being the crazed collector that I am buying an OOP release and kicking myself after it's re-released a couple of years down the road, that's the nature of the business, It sucks but quit bitching about it and don't collect anymore if you don't like it. Twilight Time is a business there to make money and good for them and good for the fans who missed it the first time around. I'm just glad I didn't shell out major $$$ this time and decided to wait for a better edition. :)

15. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Well, yeah. This is what everyone's bitching about--they DID shell out top dollar and now the exact same company is re-releasing these "limited releases".

16. gobad2003

Well yeah that's the business. I can't count how many times I've bought a Limited Edition only to have it released a few years later in a Super Duper Edition. That's what sucks about being a collector but we all get sucked into it.;)

17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I don't. :p

18. gobad2003

Well you're probably the only one on here judging from the bitching going on :lol:

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'm not even collector really. I just buy the movies I like and find it tedious to have to compete with other fans and scalpers for an overpriced barebones blu-ray, only to find out it's going to get re-released with extras that were more than likely available the first time around. (Chris Sarandon had mentioned YEARS ago that he participated in the production of extras for Fright Night)

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

It was my understanding when Twilight first started releasing these limited titles that it would be a one time deal...that's it. Now they are going back on what was originally said. Essentially saying that the fact that the higher priced titles from the first run were nothing more but better money paid to re-up those same titles for even more money to be made for future re-releases. If that's the case, then every version of any movie that's ever been released should have the "Limited Edition" moniker.