Twilight Time teams up with Sony, releaes new Fright Night '85 releases this December

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

My copy arrived today, Came with the magnet too. Mrs has got to wrap it up for Xmas though :rolleyes:

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

People were asking (and getting) $90 for a copy when it was only up for pre-order, so these aren't any surprise except maybe that they aren't super-high yet.

Sold out in a week! Technically it came out 12/13, although many got their pre-orders before that, still impressive. Just makes me wonder how many of the 3000 copies went as extras for web and convention sellers.

3. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

If you didn´t choose the registered option, yes, your´re shit out of luck.

But be cool and wait a little longer.

4. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

yeah I know (couldn't find the option to send registered, it just added 8 USD automatically) and I don't usually worry but this thread is making me crazy , I want want want hehe

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well I got a delivery notice today so mine's waiting for me at the post office. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

~Matt

6. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Same here. Just picked mine up.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

It was right below the normal delivery option... don´t know how you could miss it.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It doesn't surprise me at all. I warned that this was exactly what would happen.

Pay $30 or $90+? There was well over a month to order one at the cheaper price. Now there's not much of a choice for those who didn't get in on the action...

9. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Oh well, my DVD will do fine for a while longer.

I doubt this is the last we'll see of Fright Night on Blu.

10. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

You mean WE warned them this would happen. I'm tempted to post the troll sellers ID's on here. Group them all into a shit list for laughs. I'm sure some would join the board defending themselves.

11. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Got mine Today with magnet..... Two words Awe Some!!!!

12. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Well the people selling on Ebay with an outrageously high starting price are just NUTS! and I hope they don't sell anything LOL, but a couple actually had a starting price under $25 and now are up at $51-$81 respectively, I have no issues with these Sellers, it started below actual cost at SAE and bidders are taking it way up, but the crazy Joker at $250, what an A**Hat!

13. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I've been watching the prices too. There was one auction that has ended that had Fright Night Blu-Ray, and Fright Night 2 on DVD, and it went for $77.00, which was an excellent price for that auction, but I own Fright Night 2 already on DVD.

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Wow, can't believe this went out of print so fast. But yeah, picked mine up at the PO today (glad I didn't pay for that ridiculous extra shipping). Mine came with a magnet too. Sweet.

That being said, how come the post office seems to have the absolute worst customer service? I got to the PO at 9 this morning (when it opened), and there were already more than 15 people in line! And of course there was only one person working and there HAD to be at least a couple people in line who wanted to mail about 12 packages that needed to be weighed, scanned and then labeled. I waited 45 mins in line to pick up my package. Fucking ridiculous! I understand it's Christmas and people need to get their stuff mailed, but that's all the MORE reason to have more than just ONE person behind the counter! Total bullshit.

~Matt

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  15. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Gonna play devil's advocate.

C'mon, let's be honest here. Would you really feel sorry for anyone that paid $250 for the Fright Night blu-ray? I know I wouldn't. I'd say "bravo" to the seller for finding a fool and his money. What's wrong with a bit of capitalism? If the market demands it, then let the suckers pay the high prices. There was a month to pre-order and buy the blu-ray before the feeding frenzy. I have no sympathy for those that sat on the sidelines that knew about it.

Hate away.

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

As long as they weren't misled to thinking that was fair or were mentally challenged to begin with, then a fool and his money need someone to part them. It still seems assholish to start prices that high though, it would be better if they were getting bid up to that, then I certainly wouldn't feel sorry.

17. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Who I feel most sorry for, is anyone that waited until they had the $35.00 to buy it, finally did, then sold out. Now, the cheapest I have seen is $50.00, but on eBay, that price can go up, if there are not much auctions that don't have a $75.00 or more Buy it Now and/or best offer price.

18. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

So I just got my signed copy in the mail along with my other discs...and the signature for the FN Blu is on the liner notes, not the cover. In addition, it's not numbered or anything. I was kinda saddened by this, as part of the charm of having something signed is being able to display it, not having it hidden inside the case. :(

19. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

You´re right... you have the normal edition, with a limited booklet.

Well, the release is also limited to 3000...

20. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

There's already a rip out there if you don't want to give the scalpers money.