Twilight Time teams up with Sony, releaes new Fright Night '85 releases this December

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Aug 31, 2011.

1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Just received my in the mail today. I'm going to watch it tonight, along with Fright Night Part 2. If the review of Fright Night Blu-Ray is accurate, I will be purchasing more from Twilight Time.

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Mine showed expected delivery date yesterday but it just got to my State late last night- so I should have it Monday- bummer since I was going to watch it tonight- but I got plenty of other stuff to watch anyways <:

3. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

What about getting Fright Night 2 on blu-ray?

4. evildeadfan123

That would be great if Fright Night 2 came out on Blu-Ray. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have the Out of Print Artisian Entertainment DVD for FN 2, and they are going for insane prices on amazon.com. I think I paid maybe $12.00 for it the day it came out on DVD. I'm one that when I DVD comes out, I try to buy it within a week of it being released, because you never know when it will go out of print, like Fright Night 2. When Evil Dead came out on Blu-Ray, I purchased the Limited Edition, even though, at the time, I didn't have a HD TV or Blu-Ray player yet. Also, I wanted my favorite movie, Evil Dead, to be my first Blu-Ray movie purchased.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Would be aweseome if they did release Fright Night Part 2 even on dvd again- Id like to own it but I wont pay the price it takes to get one now.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yea i have the artisan,i.v.e. vhs and a hd widescreen copy bootleg i got from fleshwound video before they closed shop.
    u would think lionsgate with the remake and 85 version now on blu-ray would of been a no brainer to release this. but maybe there are rights issues with the music or distributor??

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

That's correct. Though it's only the film rights.

8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I was starting to worry they may have already sold out of this because everybody was getting an email that there copies had shipped except me. Turns out they DON'T send out an email notification but if you go to your account page on the website and if you have a tracking number you can find out if it's on the way. Kind of inconsistent but as long as I get my copy I'm happy.

9. fceurich39

yep exactly no email shipping notice although my order was a money order my order status still says pending but i got a tracking number and it has shipped out yesterday expected delivery date is monday but i think it'll be the next day i get it since tomorrow is sunday no mail weds at the latest hopefully i'll get it

10. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

That´s strange because I got 2 shipping confirmation e-mails... one for each order.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Screen Archives do send out email shipment notifications with tracking numbers. But sometimes the email arrives a few days late after it has actually shipped.

It's on their website FAQ:

Speaking of which, the Fright Night Blu-ray looks fantastic... worth every penny. :evil:

12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Mine arrived yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to check it out tonight.

13. evildeadfan123

Received mine Saturday, and watched it Saturday Night. Blown away. I recommend that anyone who has not ordered this, order it immediately. It's well worth the money. The picture and sound quality was tremendous.

14. fceurich39

just got a shipping confirmation email it says it shipped out today but from tracking number status it show it arrived at my post office this morning for delivery today!!!

15. cjg

cjg Active Member

Got my copy today

16. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I watched the Fright Night BD a couple of nights ago and it is certainly gorgeous. And the audio track is probably some of the best I’ve ever heard on BD so far. Brad Fiedel’s score sounds better than ever. I still think the $30 dollar price tag was a little steep, but I am certainly past that issue… I wasn’t disappointed the slightest. In fact, the BD only reasserted the fact that not only is Fright Night the best 80’s teenage vampire flick, but also deserves to be mentioned as a top film in the echelons of all vampire films.

The essay in the booklet was utter tripe, however. The author basically refers to Fright Night as a horror movie with a homosexual agenda by somehow drawing a parallel between the movie and the homosexual activities two of the actors engaged in after the film. She proclaimed this AFTER calling Evil Ed’s character a closet homosexual, inclining the gay relationship between Jerry and his live in “carpenter”, and the fact that Jerry’s wardrobe includes sweater(s). I’m not a homophobe by any means, but I was appalled by these assertions and I could not disagree more.

If she wants to look for gay themes in an 80’s teenage vampire flick, then by all means pick up The Lost Boys…you’ll have your hands full with that one.

17. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I thought it was kind of implied in FN that Jerry went both ways, and that Billy/Jerry were definitely intimate.

18. Chomp

How so? That notion is immediately squashed when that insanely hot blonde hooker asks Charley for directions. Then Charley's Mom states something along the lines, "my luck, he's probably gay" to which Charley responds convincingly "I don't think so". Or when Jerry is with the topless girl ALONE.

Jerry plays the seductive role of the charismatic vampire, similar to the way Bela Lugosi played Dracula...its just updated for the 80's. Both men/women are able to find themselves in his trance, but Jerry only swings one way, clearly established by his one true love... the painting of the woman resembling Amy.

I never once felt that the relationship between Billy/Jerry was that of a homosexual nature. Right from the start, Billy felt more like a servant type willing to do evil's bidding.

Sure, looking back on the film, some dated aspects may appear kind of gay now, but at the time, I don't think that was ever the film's intent.

19. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

It's not a new idea that Fright Night has a gay subtext, I've read about it in a few reviews and it is there when watching the film. However Lost Boys made a whole lot more sense once I realized that Corey Haim's character was gay.

20. Chomp

True, but most of the speculation is due to Stephen Geoffrey's later career path, Amanda Bearse's found sexual preference, and Roddy McDowell....none of which have anything to do with Fright Night as a film...Even though Roddy is gay, the character of Peter Vincent is also suppose to sport a sort of flamboyant side seeing as the character is heavily influenced by fellow gay actor Vincent Price. So I believe that has to do with the casting decision rather than to "gayify" the movie.