Twin Peaks Season 2???

Discussion in 'General' started by slinker, Jan 9, 2003.

1. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

WTF is happening, anyone know when this is getting a release?
    sometime this year would be nice :cry:

2. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

Hell yeah, especially since season one is only seven episodes. I went through that sucker in two nights! I also wish someone would release a decent transfer of the pilot. The Chinese import really blows ass.

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have been waiting for this forever and a damn day. Release it already. What the hell is taking so long? :fuck:

4. John

John Guest

A few day ago I was lurking from site to site, trying to find info regarding this release. The only thing out there are rumors. C'mon Artisan, let's get Season 2!!!!!

5. Damn I guess I will just have to have another Damn fine cup of joe while I wait ;)

6. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

I know. It's fucking garbage. This is all I could find about it and I don't know who the guy is or if he's reliable. Very fuckin annoying.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Again, this is just me, but if I could go back in time and erase from my memory all Twin Peaks except the pilot and the first season, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It does get good again at the very end, but the several episodes where they tried to change it from a miniseries to a regular series really suffer, and to me dulls the brilliance of the original season.

8. nlogax

nlogax Guest

9. Vasilis

Vasilis New Member

I recently bought the region 2 version of the twin peaks boxset.
    In fact it's almost identical to the region 1. The 2 major differences, are that there's no DTS on region 2, just Dolby digital, but the pilot episode is included, and the quality is not bad at all :evil:

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I just recently went through the whole box set in 2 days and now I'm dying to get into S2. I'm wondering whether Artisan will release the whole season at once or break it up since its got so many more episodes than S1. If they do release it all at once, its going to be a 6-disc set more than likely with a high MSRP.

11. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

No, it isn't just you. I agree completely. I've tried discussing it with my rabid Twin Peaks-pimping friend but he just gets all Log Lady on me. ;)

KillerCannabis: The European release of Season 2 will be broken up in two.

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, I cringe when everyone here says they just saw season 1 and can't wait for season 2.
    If I recall correctly, Lynch never intended for this to be a regular long-running series. The storylines are all geared for the short run, so when ABC picked it up as a regular series, they had to take all the storylines and spread them out into different directions. Some worked, most failed miserably. Only when they started up the Black Lodge thing did it finally show hints of how good it used to be.

I know how you get pumped after seeing season 1. I remember September of 1990 very well. But if you expect the tight storylines and great tension that those 7 episodes provided, you'll probably be pretty disappointed (unless you happen to carry a log around with you...)

13. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

The last episode is worth the price on its own! :eek1: Personally i cant wait for season 2 i can agree its not as mesmorizing as the first but its still the greatest TV serial ever and those DVDs are topnotch! im a BIG fan, you may have guessed. i recently heard a rumour that the R2 is coming in May...we will have to see

14. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I like the whole damn series, admitedly some episodes are absolutely abysmal

15. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

Some of season two was dopey, like James Hurley leaving town and hooking up with that lady, Billy Zane joining the show was ridiculous, but overall I thought it kicked ass. Wyndom Earl was a great character and how can you not love the debut of Heather Graham?

"How's Annie?"

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

A friend of mine had a couple season two episodes on his computer, and I really thought they were great. Not as great as season one, but still solid television entertainment! I wish Artisan would open their mouths and give us some info on season two already.

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Other low moments in Season 2: David Duchovny as Dennis/Denise, the cross dressing agent
    Harold the agoraphobe
    The LONG-ASS sequence with Agt. Cooper and that tall guy

Good moments:
    David Lynch's hard-of-hearing character being able to understand Shelly the waitress perfectly
    Robyn Lively as the siren
    Catherine Martell becoming an elderly asian man

18. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Here's some recent news of the status of TP season 2. Rumors, but good ones. I know I'm dying to have it. I saw it all on the original broadcast, and own most of it on DVD and LD, but WE NEED THIS TO COME OUT. Sounds like we could finally get a definitive S1 release as well...here's hoping.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#1025

19. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

20. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

For Fucks sake what the fuckin fuck??!!! Universal grgrgrgrrrr, ya cant tease us like this any longer!!!! How can you release Season 1 but forget Season 2 !!!! bollox to the 'rights' its long overdue....i want this out this year or im gonna have another cyber tantrum!