Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

It's still on amazon.ca, for those interested.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Latest Three Scream Factory Announcements

Latest Three Scream Factory Announcements

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i just saw that. i have never heard of any of them. ...well, schizoid sounds familiar. but i know nothing about it. this is a complete blank slate as far as i'm concerned. stacked extras or good word-of-mouth is what it will take to get me interested.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Omg I'm stoked for all of these. I honestly haven't been that excited about the stuff they've been announcing lately (except From Beyond) but Schizoid, Hospital Massacre and The Godsend? Bring it on!

~Matt

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

:lol: i don't get it - how is it these movies elicit such a huge response, and i've never heard of any of them? i guess its time to get out from under this rock.

didnt shout say they'd been on dvd before? i need to look these up.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Shout's hint was that they were from the 80's and had never been released on DVD before.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ok, i got it twisted around. still, though. oh well.

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

X-Ray - awesome. although, isn't X-Ray the cut version? I think Hospital Massacre is the uncut version.

The Rank VHS, under the title X-Ray, is heavily cut with a running time of 77 minutes, whereas the MGM/UA tape, under the title Hospital Massacre, runs 89 minutes.

From IMDB

9. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Seriously. Aside from Town That Dreaded Sundown and The Evictors, the MGM line didn't exactly WOW me. It was like "oh, that's great that that's coming to DVD/BLU!" Death Valley and Deadly Blessings were the ones that got me stirred up.

But for me, Hospital Massacre, Schizoid and The Godsend, individually, let alone together, are the best things they've announced since DV. I love the first two and I've been meaning to see Godsend for like, ever.

I'm shocked dave hasn't heard of these. They're rare, but hardly super obscure. The first one even has quite a large fanbase.

10. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Yeah, I was excited for the triple threat announcement today, but not one of those titles interests me at all. *Sigh* I just want The Burning for Christ's sake.

11. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Sounds good, I hope that's definitely not the cut version though, hopefully Scream Factory will chime in at some point and let us know which version is being released.

12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i'd never heard of death valley either :(

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I am stoked for these and have been waiting for Hospital Massacre (hopefully X-Ray will have both cuts, or at least the longer cut) and The Godsend for quite some time! I don't get why people are bummed that Shout is releasing films they've never heard of? Sure, I'd love to see The Burning on Blu-ray, but I can watch my DVD happily until then. As much of a VHS connoisseur as I am, I'm glad they are dusting off titles more people need to see and that these releases are making their way to DVD and Blu-ray before films already released get the high-def treatment.

14. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Cliff mentioned this particular batch won't happen before sometime late next year - I suspect we won't know anything until Spring 2013 at the earliest. I was thinking "X-Ray" will be the title Shout has decided to go with for this release - doesn't necesarily mean it'll be the cut version. I trust them to do everything possible to give us the longest version.

Personally, I'm more excited for the obscure stuff rather than the better-known titles. It's especially thrilling if the film hasn't had a release since VHS. For the record, I've never seen any of the films announced today.

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

oh, i'm not bummed at all. at least, not really. i was excited to see the triple threat announcement, wondering what the titles might be. then they showed what they were, and my first reaction was "i don't recognize these at all. i have no idea if they're any good. so there's nothing for me to get excited about." so that was a bit of a let down with regards just to that innitial excitement and curiosity. of course, then i come here and lots of people are saying good things about them. i check out the trailer for schizoid on youtube (couldn't find the other two - although the entire movie of godsend was there) and it looks entertainingly sleezy. so now my excitement is building again. because now there are new films to be discovered and hopefully enjoyed.

16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I completely agree, Shout/Scream Factory is really starting to remind me of the golden age of Anchor Bay and that's really exciting.

17. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

I hear ya!!

18. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Seriously?

Look, I love The Burning, and it's one of the few titles I own that I'd double dip on (or donate my previous DVD to my school's film library), but honestly, I could give a flying fuck if it (much like From Beyond) were announced. The DVD has some cool extras and looks great. Blu is awesome and the upgrade would rock, but Death Valley, Deadly Blessing, Hospital Massacre, Schizoid, The Godsend, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, TerrorVision, The Evictors, The Video Dead.... all of these titles coming out are far more beneficial as far as film preservation goes. New life and exposure is the greatest thing these surviving DVD companies can give to these classics. The saddest thing that could happen to a film is being lost and deteriorated in some basement. These fresh faces for DVD are the true heros of Scream Factory. The upgrades from previous discs are the cool respectful bonuses and fan bait on the side for the cash to flow.

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

[​IMG]

A-fucking MEN, brother.

20. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

+100 on that!

I´m getting sick and tired of hearing people ask for the same damn movies that have already been re-released to death on DVD the last 15 years.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012