Vincent Price Collection from Shout Factory

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

Yeah same here. Seems like lately everything I order from amazon.ca gets backordered for weeks. Still waiting in the Price collection, In the Mouth of Madness and TCM: beginning! Looks like mine is shipping soon too at least :banana:

2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, mine says its "shipping soon" now as well. the second week in November info was based on an email they sent me this morning. I haven't noticed a delay in pre-orders too much, but the last few months I've noticed that they frequently forget to adjust the price of my pre-orders when they take a last minute drop before the release date. I've had to request a refund 3 times, I think.

3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Still waiting for My Groupon order. It was shipped from Ohio last Sunday via DHL (I'm in NYC). They must be walking it over.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

That's the same day my Amityville Horror Collection from Groupon shipped. It arrived in Phoenix very early Wednesday morning. The package is still sitting with DHL in Phoenix. Not the first to say this & I won't be the last, but DHL really sucks! :fuck:

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It really depends with DHL...

Their standard international shipping SUCKS. I had two large Amazon UK packages shipped earlier this year, and they both took 2 MONTHS to arrive.

Their international "expedited" shipping is pretty good though. I ordered something from Amazon JP a week ago, and it only took two days to arrive from Japan.

Their domestic "mail" shipping (Deep Discount & ImportCDs use it) seems to get slower and slower.

6. elDomenechHDG

DHL is now a German company. I don't imagine the US is a priority for them.

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I think that may have more to do with the Compton, CA post office than DHL itself. Packages seem to just stay there for a while before finally making their way out to the next destination.

8. Katatonia

I don't think that's a post office location. It usually just says "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility" at Compton or something like that, and that's where DHL Express is located.

If it were sitting at a post office it would say either "Arrival at Post Office" or "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" or some variant of that.

9. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I've been working my way through this set, and it looks and sounds great so far. Masque has a few troubling video lapses, but looks mostly good. I noticed no issues with Phibes .

The Abominable Doctor Phibes is still a lot of fun. While the unmasking scene scared me as a kid, this movies works much better today as a black comedy than a horror movie. The unicorn scene had me in stitches.

I don't quite get the hype surrounding Masque of the Red Death. While I can appreciate the artistic intent and morality play, I just don't think the movie holds up too well. For a movie about a man creating his own hell, the tone and look of the movie is rather light. Perhaps bubble gum Satanism just isn't enough for me to evoke a "soul that died long ago".

The Haunted Palace is probably my favourite on the set, but I am looking forward to revisiting those I saw as a kid - and seeing for the first time those I missed.

10. elDomenechHDG

I have never seen any of the films in this collection except for House of Usher. Probably wouldn't have blind-bought it had I not gotten that sweet Groupon deal - I certainly wasn't going to buy it for $60. So far I've watched Witchfinder General. Good movie overall but those two at the end deserved a far worse fate IMO. Which of the films in this set are more comedy-oriented? I'll watch those last.

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Phibes is the only film I would call comedy-oriented.

12. Katatonia

The set is down to $38.65 (out of stock) on Amazon right now.

A buck or two less than I got it for from Groupon, but I can live with that having received it before the release date. :evil:

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Amazon.com has it back down to $37.99 and free shipping.

14. Christy

Christy Active Member

I have a package that shows it made it to the sorting facility then vanished. My guess is it was returned to the sender which never shows in the tracking. Or it may have been stolen͵ I'm not sure though what happened.

15. Katatonia

The USPS are fucking idiots.

I've had numerous packages disappear from tracking when they're supposedly here in town and out for delivery, and then show up in some other state days later, etc..

I got a package last week that looked like a Christmas gift, with DC tracking...delivered in my mailbox. It was supposed to go to some other street address entirely. That happens to a lot of my packages also. It's hardly rare that they'll show as "Delivered" and not even be here. I guess most people around here are honest and put it back out, but if they're not...it's just lost.

16. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

17. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Volume II has officially been announced!

I'm really excited that they've included some of the non Midnight Movie releases as well, like Return of the Fly, and House on Haunted Hill.

I've only seen Comedy of Terrors and The Raven once each, and don't remember either being all that great. And I kind of wish they would have included things like Twice Told Tales, Tales of Terror, and An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (maybe as a supplement?), but hopefully those will make it onto volume III?

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  18. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

I thrilled for this to be happening bit at the same time a little bummed out that Theatre of Blood didn't make the cut this go around. It's one of my favourite Price pics. Oh well, here's hoping I can resist arrows version until there's a vol. 3...

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Great news! I was really hoping this was heading our way for Halloween.

There's definitely enough for a Volume III with the titles you mentioned along with Cry of the Banshee, Scream & Scream Again, and The Oblong Box. I'm disappointed we're not getting Theatre of Blood & Madhouse. I would prefer those over Return of the Fly, The Raven, & Comedy of Terrors.

20. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Very excited for a second set, especially because of Dr. Phibes Rises Again. I ordered the Arrow Blu of that, but if their release of the first Phibes is any indication, Scream will have different bonus features so I'll want to have both anyway.

Very cool about House on Haunted Hill (a WB title) being included. I'm also quite happy that Scream got over their public domain trepidation with The Last Man on Earth, one of Price's best flicks. Return of the Fly is strange though, as I could see Scream not releasing the original in a future Price set as Fox already has their own disc out. Not the end of the world, but a strange choice. Why not wait for a possible Fly box set in the future?

Also really hoping that Theatre of Blood, Tales of Terror, Twice Told Tales, and Madhouse are included in Volume III so I can retire my MGM Scream Legends DVD Collection. Would also be nice if the 3 featurettes from the bonus disk on that set are carried over onto a future release.