Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get a copy of the Amityville box set, but I ordered Forgotten Gialli vol. 1 as well as Sweet Sweetback and Jack Frost.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'll admit, the steep price hike had me second guessing re-upping next year...

...but once they snuck in announcements for Rush Week and Hitcher In The Dark on top of the already exciting announcement of the wildly underrated Shallow Grave, I couldn't resist. So, here goes year four!

Still debating on the VSA's this time. Neither especially look like my thing.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Nightmare Sisters slip cover is pretty hot.

4. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

Wallet is a bit lighter now...

Went with 3 slips, Don't Go In The Woods, Nightmare Sisters, and Witchtrap. Own all 3 in standard release.

Picked up Grave Robbers, Cemetery of Terror, The Severed Arm, Zombie Island Massacre, Memorial Valley Massacre, and Blood Games.

I did pay for the 2 mystery titles a couple of months back, so those two as well.

Looking forward to getting all of these. Nothing looking to interesting at the Severin sale unfortunately.

~Rocker10

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Damn, The McPherson Tape slip sold out.

I was surprised the Giallo Vol. 1 collection was still over 1000 when I bought it, but looking now I see it's at 901 so it must have just barely been over 1000. I wasn't too worried about other things I wanted but I jumped on first thing to make sure I got that.

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I was hoping maybe they'd have more for the sale but the slip edition sold out a while ago and they didn't so I just got the regular edition.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I had little $$ to play with so I had to play it safe: Giallo collection #2. I hate watching every cent, BUT...I have a knack for weeding out stuff I can wait on and getting at least ONE item I really, really want/need. So - Giallo Box 2 it is. Now...the wait...

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Holy shit!

How did I miss that they released Silent Madness?!
    Been waiting forever for a uncut wide screen release.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Apparently quite a few other people thought so too as over 2200 of the 3000 slips have already sold.

baggio and X-human like this.
  11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

That was the big controversy surrounding Taxi Girls when it was first released is they advertised actress Nancy Suiter as a Cheryl Ladd-lookalike and the artwork clearly looked more like Cheryl than Nancy. So the filmmakers were sued by Cheryl and her team of lawyers and convicted. My guess is the VS artwork is still listed as temp/not final as they are probably seeing if they can get permission to use the original controversial artwork of if they have to rework it for their release.

baggio and Myron Breck like this.
  12. MorallySound

I saved up for this all summer so I went a little buck-wild. Had more than a handful of coupon codes so placed three orders. 1)Renewed my yearly subscription (completionist package). 2) Grabbed the two new VSAs which I am incredibly stoked for (both Martial Laws are fun and I've been dying to check out Action U.S.A. since it was featured on Red Letter Media's Best of the Worst). 3) Grabbed a bunch of the new AGFA releases with slips (Smut Without Smut, She Mob/The Girl from Pussycat, The Curious Dr. Humpp, The AGFA Horror Trailer Show), the Pulse Video La Femme-objet release, and the two now-sold-out VAS soundtrack cassette tape releases.

13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It’s a secret black Friday release that had only been up for purchase 3 1/2 hrs before you posted. You didn’t miss it for very long.

Steel76 and Mutilated Prey like this.
  14. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

This is no time to discuss religion:)

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Damn, I didn't realize that. It's something of a favorite of mine but it's so obscure I underestimated others' interest. And it isn't a VS release so I figured VS fans wouldn't be all THAT interested in it. Live and learn.

Thanks for the note! I had decided to wait for Memorial Day with that high of a print number. So after your post I re-checked the listing.

I didn't think to check last night if they had a slip only version, but do they. And of those they still have over 2000 slip covers.

No sweat, but those don't go on sale so I added that to my previous order (great feature btw).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  16. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Wow. Last night when I got Blood Games, there were still 260 editions with slips available. Checked again this morning and it's only the regular edition available now. This company sells a LOT of discs!

fattyjoe37, Mutilated Prey and baggio like this.
  17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Thanks for that story/info I literally had no idea. I figured that was VS's artwork. Never knew the background, just my first instinct was .. hey that looks like Cheryl Ladd. Full disclosure, she's in my top 10 of all time.

18. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

VS said yearly subscribers would get 50% off the AGFA titles Curious Dr. Humpp, and Horror Trailer Show if they waited to order until after the Black Friday sale. Were you afraid they would run out or did you miss that?

Also the Forgotten Gialli box set is down to the last 223 of 5000 so if you haven't purchased it yet it's a great price.

19. MorallySound

Missed that. Oh well, I know I'll get coupons for all the future sub-label titles throughout the year so no big loss as only two titles and if they happen to sell out the slipcover version during the sale than I'm safe on 'em.

20. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I planned on doing the yearly subscription if it was in the $700 area, but I just can't drop over $800 at once. I did get the second Giallo set, Mountaintop Motel Massacre. Plus I preordered the surprise titles and am actually really happy with what they ended up being. Especially Don't Panic, though I am a bit sad that the subtitles should be greatly improved from the old DVD so it'll be missing one of my all-time favorite subtitle typos, which is an evil demon dude sinisterly asking the main character "Do you believe in Stan?"