Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I wonder if it's a weight thing as Zavvi sent me three other discs in that same order separately and they all came quite quickly. Don't recall with they were DHL but they shipped before October.

If its official shipping time is two months, and under best conditions can take all of two months with a few days more, then with the pandemic AND the holidays I wouldn't be surprised if it took three or more months. I'll might not see it arrive before Valentine's Day.

That settles it then. I was hesitant to crack open my near mint Dawn for resale value before seeing how the Zavvi case looked upon arrival (as I don't care THAT much) but I won't wait that long. I'll sell the potentially damaged copy even if it won't earn as much on eBay that way.

Oh, and VS still hasn't shipped my order. Not that I'm worried. Plus a New Jersey packaged shipped rather quickly as has another of a Midwest origination. Yet a second CA package has now been sitting for a couple of days along with my immobile Severin package. So the East Coast may still be OK while West Coast is looking to be fucked.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Just got my package today. Silent Madness and Fade to Black are the first VS titles with slip covers that I've bought, and wow are they nice! They're reinforced, embossed, with a combination of matte and glossy finishes, and use both sides to show off the artwork. I was really surprised.

In addition to that, I also just watched Memorial Valley Massacre, which I had blind bought earlier, and I really enjoyed it. It's a bizarre mix of serious and goofy, and despite it's obviously very low budget, easily held my interest throughout. They release some pretty out there stuff, but so far I haven't been disappointed by any of the titles that I've bought. That, combined with the positive experience of purchasing from them during this last sale has really got me interested in digging a bit deeper into their catalogue.

russweiss and fceurich39 like this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Hoo-boy. You're in trouble now. I used to wonder why anyone gave a shit about VS slipcovers, then I got my first one (Wonder Women, BTW). While I don't go too crazy for them, and missed a few 'cuz I wanted to wait for the price on the movie to go down, I do really like the ones I have. Enough for me to plunk down $8 to get the new slip for Malibu High.

dave13 likes this.
  5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The first volume is sold out and of course the prices have doubled on Ebay. A little surprising considering there were 5000 pressed. The second volume should be old enough to sell for a discounted price with their May sale and then will probably sell out during their Black Friday sale next year.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'm bummed that I missed out on the amityville cursed collection set. I know i could get it on ebay or something for twice the retail price, but I'm not that desperate. However, if anybody has a line on one that's reasonably priced, I'd certainly appreciate it.

(Not really expecting anything to come from this, but figured there was no harm in asking)

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I'm pretty sure that they released each title separately this year--or is it the actual box that you want?

dave13 likes this.
  8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Wow talk about fast on Friday I got my tracking # and today Saturday I got my box oddly enough I live like 2 hours away from where it shipped in the same state.

9. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for when they reopen the online store. Sometimes there are canceled orders and limited supplies will be available upon reopening.

Myron Breck and dave13 like this.
  10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, I know...I could buy them all individually. But dammit, now that I can't get the set, I've decided that I really want it! Haha

It also probably has something to do with getting the forgotten giallo box and seeing how nice it was.

Zombie Dude and Myron Breck like this.
  11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Just got a shipping notice for the rest of my order. Interestingly, they shipped it FedEx even though I did the "add to my existing order" option, and that one was Media Mail. Second shipment might arrive before the first! I think it shows they went out of their way to fulfill all orders, even shipping FedEx when the customer only paid for Media Mail. Despite the complaints by some people on...another forum, they're a good outfit top to bottom.

loutoad23 likes this.
  12. Katatonia

There is an small audio issue on the Martial Law Blu-ray.

At approx. timestamp 1:18:06 Carradine enters the warehouse, and there are three lines that appear in the optional English subtitles: "Hello, Guvnor." "Is this him?" "Yup." — but they are all silent/muted on the default audio track (also on the hidden lossy audio track). I turned the volume up high, but those lines just aren't present in either audio track.

I also own the German Blu-ray (Mediabook) of the film. I've checked that disc, and the above lines of dialogue are definitely present and perfectly audible on the English audio track. It's bizarre that they're muted on the VS release.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    russweiss and SilentScreams like this.
  13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Any idea when the website might re open?

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

They said before New Years but there is no specific time / date.

fceurich39 likes this.
  15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

16. CPT HOOK

The site just reopened and there are a few available. But you'd better hurry!

EDIT: they're gone

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  17. Katatonia

I picked these up on the site's reopening:

The House of Usher "VSA" Blu-ray (used the $8 off subscriber code)

The AGFA Horror Trailer Show Blu-ray (used the 50% off subscriber code)

Jeremy Blu-ray (used the $5 off email coupon on this one)

I'm definitely liking how these 2021 subscriber perks are going...

russweiss likes this.
  18. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I wasn't paying attention that House of Usher wasn't included in the subscriber package. Thanks for the heads up.

Katatonia likes this.
  19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

All the recent titles I want still have over 1000 copies in stock. They'll keep till May.

Right now just waiting on whether or not they do another Valentine's Day sale, I'm holding the $5 coupon for that.

20. CPT HOOK

Jeremy got delayed until March, and should have it's own 50% off coupon for subscribers added to the site in a month or so.

I added House Of Usher to my January subscription.

I was hoping February might be up with the site, but I guess that's a little premature. We know it includes Rush Week, another giallo boxset, and one other title. Plus a Peekarama for the completionists.