Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

"Well, that was kinda vile." Indeed.

2. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

Weak episode but good ending, imo. Understandable though due to all the fireworks (no pun intended) in last weeks season premier. It's about fuckin time someone in the group got captured and maimed.:)

3. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Seems to be an obvious punch line in the works, though. His whole demeanor was "I was secretly bit and I'm working through the stages of grief routine before I take final action" when they got him. My guess is they're setting up the "you ate an infected person, jokes on you" payoff. If so, they sure wrote Terminus and their crew off real quick.

As for the victim, he's a relatively new and minor player. Hershel was a bigger player and they peg-legged him long ago, so its not exactly new.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Yeah so DID he get bit? If so when they eat him, do they get infected? And wasn't Tyreese bit at one point or am I crazy???

5. Mutilated Prey

The wife and I were thinking Bob did get bit when in that water pit of the food bank, hence why he started crying when he was outside before being captured. And yes, if infected those cannibals are fucked.

6. zombiehorror

zombiehorror Member

Terminus wasn't even in the comic, they actually expanded the cannibals for the tv show; in the comic the cannibals don't come to light until the group finds the church and are being watched/stalked by them, Dale (who up to this point is still alive in the comic) is actually the one that is captured and loses a leg to them.

The results/revenge of the group finding out about the cannibals and what they are up to lasts about 2 pages maybe.

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm glad they're adapting the "Fear the Hunters" story for the show. My only gripe is that the people from Terminus caught up to them way too fast. They should still be licking their wounds at this point. He says it isn't personal, but clearly they had to have been hunting them from the get go which means that it's definitely a grudge. I think it would've played better if they waited a few more weeks before they got to that final scene.

But yeah, they're giving Bob Dale's death so people who read the books have a pretty good hunch what happens next.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Definitely seems that way.

9. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

They definitely got the memo no to fuck around this season. Another great episode last night! They are quickly getting to a point where the story doesn't seem so mapped out. We had weeks of prison flu, then weeks of Governor lead-up and the weeks of traveling to Terminus. Now anything can happen it seems and I love where the next episode is going.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well last weeks episode was quite boring. I didn't see this weeks yet.

On a side note, I for one have not read the books/comics. Don't plan too either. I believe watching this series not knowing what happens is a huge plus. Don't know how anyone can watch this show knowing full well what happens to each character. Total spoiler alert to the max. Sorry, just don't get that at all. For me the show is watching how each of the characters survive & who makes it or not. The series in my view has zero final goal. It literally can go on forever. Unlike that new show Z Nation. Laugh all you want at that lower budget series, but at least that has a goal in which the story is trying to reach.

None the less, I will continue to watch the Walking Dead each week. Seriously, lets' call it what it is, a daytime Soap Opera with Zombies.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  11. maybrick

The books follow a different path. I've read all of them but the show is still intense because they like to mix things up. You never know for sure who will live or die. They've already killed off quite a few characters that are still alive in the books and created new ones that didn't exist before.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That's good to know. At least the played around with it a bit. But, I'm sure that has angered many Walking Dead purists.

13. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Great first 3 eps for this arc. I like these guys best when they are on the run.

14. maybrick

Aside from the complete mischaracterization and waste of Andrea, Ive heard remarkably few complaints about how it doesn't follow the books. People have complained for different reasons altogether than that.

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

No thoughts on the second half premiere the other night? I watched it last night and think it's one of my favorite episodes ever, even though I'm bummed
    to see Tyrese go, the flashback/hallucinations were awesome! I got chills when the Governor's voice was first heard.
    Pimp!
    I'm very not up to date on the comics, but am pretty sure this is another big variation as last I saw, this person was still kicking in the books.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

The finale really had me on the ropes emotionally. I never cared for Beth all that much but the way it all went down and the music and everything, man it was so well done.

As for the mid-season premier, I liked it, but,
    I don't think Governor was an appropriate inclusion. Or Beth for that matter. The little girls made sense and so did the gum-chewing dude. Bob sort of did since he was Tyrese's sister's squeeze. I think they should have just kept his visions more personal. We just lost Beth but she's in the next episode? Kind of undermines it.

Aside from that I liked how they incorporated some of the effects that you see in the opening credits and the background slow-mo kills were pretty rad.

17. Mutilated Prey

18. inkmachine

inkmachine Member

I'm sick of Beth. Leave her dead and don't bring her back and definitely don't bring back her "music".

That's my opinion....lol

19. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Apart from the producers of the show seeming to have decided once again that they'd exceeded their black man quota and needed to make a cut? Nope.

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but I really liked the character that died on Sunday. At least he got more time and went out better than "T-Dog" :)