whats the best book about friday the 13th??

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

I heard of cyrstal lake memories. is that a good one. or is there another?? thanks.... :)

2. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Making Friday The 13th: The Legend of Camp Blood by David Grove was a good, informative read for me. It was also much cheaper than Crystal Lake Memories, however I believe that CLM is considered the definitive tome on all things Voorhees.

3. dayglo

dayglo Member

CLM is the book you want. Grove's book is ok, but I seem to recall lots of stuff an editor should have caught that coasted on through. Likely in order to beat CLM to the market. :p

4. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I've read both and Crystal Lake Memories is far more informative and entertaining.

5. ronnie21

does lake memories have cool rare photos too? think i will order this.... thanks....

6. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I'm another impressed with CLM. Not only is it interesting for fans of the series but for movie fans in general. Amazing some of the films were finished let alone any good.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i've only read Crystal Lake Memories, but its an astounding book, both in terms of information, and presentation. its a thing of beauty, and one of my favorite horror-related items. i think i spent $40 on it a few years ago? not sure. whatever it was, it was well worth it.

8. dayglo

dayglo Member

It's loaded with photos, it's essentially a huge F13 coffee table book.

9. ronnie21

got lake memories. nice pictures. some i never seen before.. wish they gave more insight as to what months and years the films were shot. but i didnt read it all either. I like the shot of ralph getting his throat torn, never seen that shot in color...Over all it's a very big book and nicley done... I wonder how much diffrent the other book is. the making of friday the 13th? does it have better pictures??

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If it is like his other book, Jamie Lee Curtis: Scream Queen, then it is entirely text with a small section of pictures in the middle.

11. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

If you buy Making of...for pictures you'll be very disappointed. Mostly very entertaining anecdotes from people connected to the films in the franchise, most pictures are small, unremarkable or black & white.

12. kiddvideo

kiddvideo New Member

For anyone with an iPad Crystal Lake Memories has been released on iBooks.

Description from Apple:

For the past 30 years, cinematic icon Jason Voorhees has terrified audiences around the world, his long-running exploits spanning 11 films and generating over $600 million in box office receipts. Now, for the first time and in their own words, over 200 alumni of the series recall three decades of behind-the-scenes stories, struggles, controversies and calamities.

This Enhanced Electronic Edition has been fully revised and expanded upon the original hardcover print edition with new interviews, and is fully illustrated with over 700 images including photos, rare archival documents and production materials.

Exclusive to this Apple iBooks 2 edition are video interviews with Friday the 13th cast and crew, audio excerpts from composer Harry Manfredini's first six Friday scores, storyboard and concept art galleries, screenplay excerpts and more.

This the ultimate oral and visual memoir of the most successful horror franchise in the history of motion pictures.

You can download the first chapter for free. It includes character/film photo galleries (photos are much larger than in the hardcover version), videoclips, the original screenplay treatment (clocking in at a whopping 18 pages), even a copy of Adrienne King's SAG contract to do the film.

Also nice to note the iBooks version is only $13.99.