When will Jaws be chomping its way to Blu-ray anyone know?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

got mine today at best buy around 4 pm,, it was the last one. man they must have sold out all day.. Or didnt order many.. Now. don't you hate (we all had this happen)! when you go into a store on release day for either a dvd/blu/ cd. and someones walking in front of you, or standing right where you need to get??/ gosh that sucks...and most of the time the people arent even really looking at anything... Now on the Jaws blu- watched certain sections. This is the best Jaws has and ever will look.. No need to buy this again. Only thing i might beetch about , is the still gallery is of very low quality and really too small to really see..But other than that. Great transfer and didnt watch the other extras excpet for the non 16x9 trailer... I like t.v. spots better than 3 min trailers...which was missing too.

2. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure each store only had about 5 copies of the book. I went after work and they were out. Checked the website and no store anywhere near me has any copies. Fuck.

3. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

You guys didn't expect worst buy to drop the ball? Of course they are only going to get 5 in stock it's called bait and switch.

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Strange, the Digibook is everywhere in Canada, not store exclusive. i heard there is one coming for E.T. as well. Here's hoping it's everywhere in Canada as well.

Ahh that explains why the $10 wasn't coming off my Animal House Bluray haha. They ended up taking it off manually. To boot, I got an extra $5 off my Jaws digibook from a coupon inside their Click magazine that they have throughout their stores.

So I got a total of $15 off Jaws digibook and Animal House Bluray!

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That's a good reason why I did the in-store pick-up before they even opened.

Good thing too, because I checked again not long after they opened and it was unavailable at this store. Whew! :nervous:

The digibook is a really nice package...

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Got the digipack earlier and just got done watching the blu-ray. The V/A quality is amazing! It's been awhile since I saw the film, but wow, it really looks great. Never noticed before (perhaps I just wasn't paying attention enough), but one scene during the last 1/3 of the movie when they're on the boat, if you look up in the sky, there are a few meteors flying across. I thought it was a scratched on the print, but then another showed up. Pretty damn cool! :lol:

7. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

It looks FANTASTIC...
    Which just makes me more angry about how awful BTTF looks!

8. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I was one that was surprised they didnt have more of these available at best buy (book edition) - I just checked and you cannot order to be shipped to your house and every Best Buy in the state appears to be sold out of them. I would assume more will be coming but only after the "sale" price is over. Guess I fell asleep at the wheel on this one

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah holy fucking balls this movie looks incredible. You can almost see Chrissie's vagina before she gets "eaten" (haha).

They really did a great job with the audio too. Hearing the splashing and John Williams' score like I've never heard it before (seriously). I've seen this movie maybe 30 times and I've never heard it like this before.

Bluray release of the year for me. Amazing A/V, packed with features, some actually worthwhile liner notes in the digibook AND Universal used the original artwork on the packaging. Way to go Universal. Thoroughly pleased. The wait was worth it.

All we need is Jaws 2 and 3 in 3-D and we're good to go.

~Matt

10. Cannibal Chris

Cannibal Chris New Member

Glad I canceled the steelbook and went with the digi, nice big set like the Exorcist, A/V looks awesome, can't wait to dig into the special features!

11. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Glad you got it I was worried you would sleeping when the doors opened. Anyway I haven't opened it and I don't even like digi-books. I also got the regular release both with a friends employee discount. May I add I enjoy telling them how much balls worst buy sucks. :lol:

I see all the eBay trolls are already in full force trying to sell the digi version.

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Wait. So is the doc here the long version or the shorter version?

Frankly, with these glowing reviews, who cares...but...

13. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

It's not the size that counts but the motion in the ocean!

14. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  15. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I was at Best Buy right when they opened yesterday and they only had three copies of the digibook which were gone before I got to the register with mine. I really hope Best Buy gets more of these in stock as there were a lot of disappointed and frustrated people looking for these. And to those people who bought multiple copies just to whore them out on eBay, go fuck yourselves. If it's perfectly within your rights to do so, then it's perfectly within my rights to call you a fucking douchebag for it.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I totally agree, but to the ebay bidders who are paying $100 – they should also be called fucking retards as well.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  17. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Amazon.ca and futureshop.ca both say that have the Digibook still in stock.

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah Future Shop had tons of them. They at least had 20+ at the downtown store.

~Matt

19. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

This might be true if they actually had something to offer in place of it like the Jaws Blu-ray digibook with an inflatable pool shark for the low, low price of only $59.95, but they didn't.

Haven't been a big fan of Best Buy in a long time but I certainly didn't expect this. I remember back in the '90s they had one of the best selections of movies and music. Apparently they're only worth checking out now when they have one of these exclusive deals.

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

You just never know which BB exclusives are going to hard to get hold of, and which are jokes. Remember the Jason Lives bonus disc with the Friday the 13th sets? Those were near impossible to get. Then you have the Terminator: Salvation head-shaped case BD which I saw in my shitty store 2-3 weeks ago (and they keep disappearing then coming back, think the store takes em away now and then to make it look like it sells) or the Anchorman: Rich Mahogany Edition BD that they have 3 more copies of this week, yet everything online says it's long OOP and rare, is always in the store.

Sucks that the bigger and more horror related the bonus is, the harder and rarer it is too. They seriously underestimated the appeal and audience of Jaws I would say. Congrats to everyone who got a digibook for retail/reason. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. Why anyone would throw in their cards and go ebay already seems silly to me, I bet some stores if not all will get at least a few more books in.

Or go to Canada! If I wasn't a "menace to society" who would be arrested at bridge crossing, I'd roll over there to get some extra copies for board members and ebay myself.