which should i get RAW MEAT DVD OR DEAD AND BURIED DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Dec 18, 2004.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Never Seen Raw Meat But I Have Seen The Dvd And Same Goes For Dead And Buried...i Have Seen A Long Time Ago Should I Hold Off On Raw Meat A.k.a. Deathline

2. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

3. drown021

drown021 Guest

I would suggest Dead and Buried.

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Fuck it. I'd get both.

5. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I would suggest neither, both movies are boring turds.........

6. Wermode

Wermode Member

Get both. Dead and Buried has good suspense and an unforgettable climax, and there's a great DVD edition out with lots of nice extras. Raw Meat is fun "urban legend" style horror with some nice direction, too, and good humor to boot. IMO, they both definitely belong in any horror dvd collection.

7. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Well, I could say BOTH, but you asked which one.... so, out of those two, Dead and Buried.

8. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Easily Dead & Buried...a classic IMO. Raw Meat is pretty bland.

9. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Dead & Buried. Blue Underground put out Dead & Buried on DVD in a Limited Edition 2 Disc release. I purchased the DVD the day it came out. I prefer Dead & Buried over Raw Meat, even though Donald Pleasance is in Raw Meat.

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Dead and Buried ;)

11. Halvey

Halvey New Member

A new DVD of the directors cut of Deathline will be coming out in 2005. According to the director, Gary Sherman, Christopher Lee expressed interest in doing a commentary. I'm not sure what other special features are going to be included.

12. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Definitly get Dead and Buried if you can still get the 2 discer. Those are all gone around here (except for a used one now and then) and the single disc ones now populate the racks. Funny, the synopsis on back didn't change and still says "includes a second disc full of extras" although it's clearly a single disc. The 2 discers are in shiny cardboard "digi-packs" while the re-issue is in normal Amaray cases. The movie is airight

Never seen Raw Meat (or don't remember it by title. I've seen so many old horror movies on cable or what-not that it's almost a game to try a dvd and see if I know it when I spin it).

13. Where did you hear that from? Is the Christopher Lee commentary going to be around 3 minutes long to cover his screen time?

14. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

--Where did you hear that from? Is the Christopher Lee commentary going to be around 3 minutes long to cover his screen time?--

:lol: :lol: :lol:

True, far too much is made of Lee's appearance in this film. He basically does nothing.

15. In my opinion Raw Meat isn't even that great a film. The reason I keep it is for Donald Pleasence's performance.

16. Halvey

Halvey New Member

"True, far too much is made of Lee's appearance in this film. He basically does nothing."

I know, I had heard he was in it before I got the chance to see it. I was hoping for a lot more from him. Donald Pleasence is great though.

"Where did you hear that from? Is the Christopher Lee commentary going to be around 3 minutes long to cover his screen time?"

As far as the DVD is concerned, I heard this from the director himself at a Q&A session after a screening of "Deathline" at the Art Institute in Chicago. Apparently Christopher Lee is a friend of Gary Sherman's as well as a big fan of the film, even though he is not in it for very long. I imagine the commentary from Sherman and Lee will disect more of the films political themes than anything. Sherman said at the screening that he was always interested in politics and the only way for him to sell a political film would be to disguise it as a horror flic. Overall, the film is nothing earth shattering but does give a nice social commentary on the British class system.
    Also, the U.S. version of the film, known as "Raw Meat", was re-cut and distributed in the U.S. without the Directors consent and differs greatly from the original "Deathline" cut. It would be nice if the new disc features some sort of comparison between the two.

17. Rock

Rock Member

Although these were both made by the same guy, they're two completely different movies...and RAW MEAT is BY FAR the superior movie...all the gory Stan Winston FX can't polish the turd that is DEAD & BURIED...

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i will get dead and buried dvd and hold off on raw meat for now

19. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

good choice

20. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Agreed ;)