Without Warning coming to Bluray?!

Discussion in 'General' started by rijir, Mar 28, 2014.

1. rijir

rijir Member

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I think I have to get that one.Used to run late at night on cable when I was a kid.

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

4. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

How many people have seen this one? It was one among hundreds of horror films I viewed as a pre-teen.
    I seem to remember it was pretty dull and boring, but the trailer seems quite promising and I've heard some praise it.
    Debating a Blu-Ray purchase. Those that have seen it in recent years does it hold up? Entertain on any level?

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    It's entertaining on a pure retro level. It wasn't the most exciting feature but the idea is genius. The lead monster is a winner - It looks terrific. There is a definite Friday the 13th (circa 1980) vibe crossed with It Came From Outer Space. A great combo that would have been gangbusters if they had todays horror budgets. CGI would ruin this, though. The organic special effects are great.
    The initial locations sort of fall flat for me but they look great during the night scenes. I think a more forest-y setting would have looked better but the hills outside of L.A. are do-able.
    I love the beginning and the last 15 minutes of the film.
    A fun little note: Keep a look out for an early "blink and you'll miss it" appearance by the alien. You can barely make it out, but there is one quick shot where it is camouflaged by the surrounding weeds but is staring right at Larry Storch when he is banging on the door of a parked trailer. This is in the first part of the film.