Wrong Turn - Remake

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by CPT HOOK, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

We'll see if they put the originals up for free at the beginning of next month. If not I'll check it out. I really like going for whole series watches. I did that with Hellraiser a few years back.

2. ImmortalSlasher

Seems like the studio got the memo on the casting for this one. It's kind of funny. They only missed having an Asian character or African American female character. They could have squeezed them in somewhere as school friends of the lost group.

Still I found the movie kind of entertaining up to the twist.

I thought that Wrong Turn was supposed to be about Redneck inbred mutants or something. But apparently this new one decided that The Village had a good twist and they used that. I don't hate The Village but it's not a movie I'll ever see again. I was ahead on the twist in The Village because Shamalan always has a cameo appearance. So I knew he wasn't going to play a Native American character.

But back to Wrong Turn. It's like they couldn't fully decide on who they wanted to play the bad guys. It's all over the place. And then the lead girl makes I guess decisions based on their situation. But towards the end I was thinking why are you carrying this guy's baby? I really didn't like her character at that halfway point and then didn't care about the movie.

I'll still check out the original movies. But this felt like a waste to me. The best things in the movie are the overhead shots of the dense forest. I like the idea that anything can be out there. However there are far better movies than this with that subject.

If this is the second best next to the original, that's very worrying.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The original is FAR superior to any of the sequels. Part 2 was pretty fun, but the rest sucked ass.

I doubt you will be disappointed by the first one. It's the only one I keep re-watching.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

We did tell you the remake was its own thing. The other films are indeed about inbred mutants.
    I myself need to revisit the first film as I haven't seen it for about 18 years.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. ImmortalSlasher

I hope so. Eliza Dushku is in the first one. She's usually good in the movies and TV shows I've seen. Also, Lindy Booth is in it as well. She was in a horror movie called Cry Wolf which is a lot better than I was expecting. I would say it's very underrated. I'm going to pick it up to own eventually.

I probably missed those as what I usually do is not read posts after a new movie is teased that I plan on watching. So I won't get spoiled on new trailers. Then I'll read them before posting.

The good thing is the pretty blonde actress in the new Wrong Turn is in another horror movie that I noted a while ago called The Lodgers. I saw the poster which looked spooky. We'll see if The Lodgers is better than Wrong Turn.

The_Lodgers.jpg